Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

38 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I saw an announcement on Twitter but it was just that stupid glastoflamingo saying he's got his wife pregnant.

#itwasmewhatdoneit

:-)

Good work. You've done the hard part, now you can leave her to it.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Good work. You've done the hard part, now you can leave her to it.

I wonder how often his alter-ego will post on here twatted out of his gourd, especially on DrunkenBrits Slagoffathon night?!

Congrats though! ;-)

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Somebody's put it to Emily that she previously said March. Her reply: "hold fire!"

Suggests a poster next week. 

Does it? Like the optimism but I'd feel if she said "it will be" rather than essentially "hold  on". Which could mean it is or it isn't.

Edit: sorry that reads like thewayiam

Edit: no offence thewayiam. I've had a wine.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

27 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Does it? Like the optimism but I'd feel if she said "it will be" rather than essentially "hold  on". Which could mean it is or it isn't.

Edit: sorry that reads like thewayiam

Edit: no offence thewayiam. I've had a wine.

I like to take it as "hold off having a go and calling me a liar while it's still March!!" i.e. Thursday next week :)

35 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I wonder how often his alter-ego will post on here twatted out of his gourd, especially on DrunkenBrits Slagoffathon night?!

Congrats though! ;-)

That wasn't me that was the flamingo that night.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Christ that would be bad. Hopefully the poster placenta give us a few clues such as Beck subbing and BMTH not being an Other headliner last year.

Give us a nice middle column of:

RADIOHEAD

FOO FIGHTERS

ED SHEERAN

THE XX

LADY GAGA

KENDRICK LAMAR

THE WEEKND

ALT-J

JUSTICE

Cheers.

Can we please replace Kendrick by A Tribe Called Quest and it will be a line up

1 hour ago, mirupuu said:

Can we please replace Kendrick by A Tribe Called Quest and it will be a line up

You're probably the only person that wants this. ATCQ is playing all over the UK, Kendrick is probably the most likely hip hop act that can potentially headline Glastonbury in the near future

2 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Congratulations @morph100, excellent work!

In terms of the "hold fire" comment... I am taking that as confirmation that we are getting something by the end of the month... aka this time next week!

Same. I'm taking 'Hold fire' to mean "don't criticise just yet".

Don't think we've over analysed this. Yet.

Last two years there felt like ages where we seemed due the lineup and it just wasn't coming. We'd all be coming on here every day desperate to hear something, coming up with reasons why it could be today, etc. This year it doesn't feel due yet at all. Maybe we've just become more used to it now and know there's no point getting excited before the last week in March.

Feel like we need a couple of weeks of that before it arrives. However, with Emily's tweet today I'm feeling more confident about it coming in March. It did read like a "hold fire before criticising, it's still March!" to me.

So overall I'm saying Thu or Fri next week with a few gruelling days leading up to it where we all reach fever pitch as the time approaches 7pm, only to be disappointed each time.

Thursday morning, Thursday evening or Friday morning are my predictions.

1 hour ago, defrio29 said:

You're probably the only person that wants this. ATCQ is playing all over the UK, Kendrick is probably the most likely hip hop act that can potentially headline Glastonbury in the near future

Not the only person.  Much as I love Kendrick, we'll never get another chance to see ATCQ.  This is the last tour. Ever.

TLC are doing their first ever live performances in London in early May at Koko. Sold out already it seems.

I'd be beyond ecstatic if they played the festival. Announce that.

So, so good in their heyday. Still something,

34 minutes ago, Glaston Martin said:

Glastonbury lineup announcements is the number 1 cause in anxiety globally. It beat Brexit, Trump, and the rising price of Freddo's.

Just wait and see, people.

For me Glastonbury Eve makes me more anxious than anything else, I work at the Festival so a ticket isn't an issue, I worry about am I taking enough beer/other supplies for the 7 days, will we break down/get stopped on the way, will we have any idiots camped next to us etc etc......of course all this worry ends when you've set your tent up, sit back, relax and know you've got a week of doing what you want, when you want

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/glastonbury-festival-ed-sheeran-uk-headliners-reading-and-leeds-v-fest-isle-of-wight-a7645961.html?cmpid=facebook-post

not really relevant but an interesting article on festival headliners. Not really sure what the story and purpose is. But it provoked some thoughts