Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Popped over to my parents house, caught my mom & dad cuddled up on the sofa watching the Foo's gig on his Samsung Galaxy. Said my friend was at the gig right now & the fact it was being streamed live blew his mind.

Edit: what blew my mind was that my mom knew Grohl was the drummer in Nirvana!

Edited by Bisque

It's been a right rollercoaster on here this week. I'm no Foo Fighters fan but the way they  have announced their Glastonbury Headliner slot has been class!! Brilliant detective work Parsonjack. Well  done and congratulations in getting in. It was edge of your seat stuff, I can tell you. 

Edited by adjwholovesmusic

1 hour ago, swede said:

I know we knew but gotta love the bands effort and enthusiasm in making the announcement special

They could have just got Glasto to stick a flag in the pyramid field or get the free press to print the announcement 

If they'd have announced it Wednesday it would have been much better.

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Foo Fighters v Alt-J v The Jacksons so far on Saturday night then

Why do people think Alt-J will do Saturday night right between two German shows?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Playing for 3 hours!

I thought it meant tonight. Probably be 2.5 again, Dave always said they are going to play for hours. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

If Radiohead get less than 2 1/2 hours I'll be PISSED.

Foo Fighters may have a lot of songs, but Radiohead have a lot of fucking great songs.

They won't get as long at all.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

A 3 hour Foos set - hopefully loads of lesser played album tracks etc - is something I could get behind, although I know to a lot of people on here it'd be a nightmare :lol:

Room for a lot of surprises and guests.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Who's done it better/made it more interesting in your opinion? [honest question]

It's not about who's done it better, it's just dragged on and when you drag it on I want to be surprised like I didn't defo know it was happening. 

Essentially they are doing a gig streamed where you get to see loads of people actually there and confirm what you have known.