Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

To be honest a gig at a venue such as the Cheese & Grain would be very believeable for the Foos, they love doing these small shows as their regular shows are basically stadium ones these days. Couldn't believe it when they played the Concorde in Brighton.

Cannot wait to see how this all plays out. Nice to have a bit of excitement even if it is to confirm something we all feel we have known for months. FWIW, having been one of the few people not have seen Dave and chums I'd be delighted to see them on the farm.

18 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Neil, any word from your source yesterday who puts gigs on in C&G and is "locked into the music scene in Frome" who told you that he hadn't heard anything about it?

he got back to me and said it was all over frome, he had nowt more.

Meanwhile I have journos from the local rags trying to get me to try to blag them tickets (cos of what i'd posted here) - which only goes to show that no one seems to be getting any closer to any real substance around the rumours.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

So basically it annoyed you that I brought attention to the fact that most people on this forum aren't interested in the Foo Fighters.

Some people aren't interested. Some people are interested. I don't know exactly how many fall into each category. Do you? 

But, so what if a majority don't care about a given act?!  There's very few acts a majority of us agree on anyway.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he got back to me and said it was all over frome, he had nowt more.

Meanwhile I have journos from the local rags trying to get me to try to blag them tickets (cos of what i'd posted here) - which only goes to show that no one seems to be getting any closer to any real substance around the rumours.

and, if ever doubted, a lot of people external people (who you wouldn't think did) read these forums

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

Nice to have a bit of excitement even if it is to confirm something we all feel we have known for months. 

Yep a great way to inject some excitement back in to the headliner speculation. I mean, we know it's Foos and Ed, but along with the Radiohead bear drawing it's at least got us talking about it all again. Wonder if they'll be doing something similar for Ed.

Would love if they continued this with all following festivals but feel they'd soon run out of idea and this may be a one off for this festival and it's headliners being willing to take part in it all.

I've got 2 tickets for the Saturday night, bought them yesterday as I'm local and all that.  Figured it was worth a punt with "Very special guests",... knowing my luck it'll be some horrific reggae band on Saturday and not FF sticking around for some gig based shenanigans.

Edited by HoTWire
correct shenanigans.

3 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

I've got 2 tickets for the Saturday night, bought them yesterday as I'm local and all that.  Figured it was worth a punt with "Very special guests",... knowing my luck it'll be some horrific reggae band on Saturday and not FF sticking around for some gig based shenanigans.

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that's true - because two italy references suggest italy much more than three random letters suggest a tiny venue in frome. 

less that, and much MUCH more that a meaningless 'cag' was unlikely to mean a tiny venue in frome.

There is clearly something going on, but what is still only guesses.

I guess it would make more sense if it's something abroad if they're sending out promo in the form of airplane tickets to people in the UK.

4 minutes ago, NorwegianBlur said:

Guy from my camp found this in his newsfeed, could it be linked with the secret Foo show?

IMG_3354.PNG

You bunch of crazy detective bastards. Fair play, this is unprecedented levels of snooping.

Live broadcast on the Foo Fighters website or something, I guess? 

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Meanwhile I have journos from the local rags trying to get me to try to blag them tickets (cos of what i'd posted here)

Right. So it's a circle jerk of misinformation and speculation. Means nothing.

Please don't make me buy you all cider.