Second Announcement Prediction

JSmurphy

So R&L have confirmed that their second announcement for this years festival is next week. Thought it'd be nice to continue this years Prediction Game. For those interested, points (as per correct prediction) stand at: 

3 Points: foolee, justanothername and Will-2609
2 Points: Andre91, Foals/Disclosure, Gozpot, JonSnow, The Placid Casual
1 Point: DMCJ2, JSmurphy, Odessa, OscarEB, Superunknown and Whittick

Of course anyone who didn't get a chance to post last time can make a prediction now. Second announcements usually give a few more acts than the first, so to give a general idea second announcements in previous years consisted of: 

2015: Foals, Disclosure, Imagine Dragons, Jack Ü, Two Door Cinema Club, Fetty Wap, Parkway Drive, Crystal Castless, Oliver Heldens, Hannah Wants, Nothing But Thieves, The Internet
2014: Arctic Monkeys, You Me At Six, Royal Blood, The 1975, The Courteeners, SBTRKT, Warpaint, Architects, Issues, Hozier, Netsky, Annie Mac, Pusha T, Krept & Konan

So predict 13 acts for R&L 2017. Don't worry about stages / placements since we won't know those till the third announcement. Last updates can be before midnight the night before the announcement, i.e. if the announcement Friday morning, all updates by 23:59 on Thursday. 

Kasabian, Skepta, You Me At Six, Jungle, Blossoms, Rag'n'Bone Man, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Billy Talent, Rise Against, Moose Blood, Gesaffelstein, Vince Staples, letlive.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Kasabian

weezer 

run the jewels

frank carter

a day to remember 

cabbage

Wiley

the wonder years

the kooks 

London grammar

chance the rapper

blossoms

FKA Twigs

A brave man predicts them...but I like. Add RTJ and I'd like that announcement, only for them mind but you won't like everything.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Kasabian, Deftones, The Kooks, Flume, The Hunna, Rag'n'Bone Man, MØ, Moose Blood, HO99O9, Moderat, Billy Talent, Wretch-32

Seems realistic enough. I really do want to go back some day but there's been hardly anything to get me there the last couple of years and I reckon this year will be the same 

56 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Seems realistic enough. I really do want to go back some day but there's been hardly anything to get me there the last couple of years and I reckon this year will be the same 

Yeah same here. I mean, I'm still into a lot of the stuff that R+L represents and there are usually 20+ smallfry acts that I'd like to see which gets me entertaining the thought of a day ticket, but then the main stage headliners and subs and NME headliners are a complete miss. So if I went I'd essentially be forking out £70 for nine sets all clocking in at 25-50 minutes and no real sorta 'selling point' acts. Ah well, maybe one day.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Kasabian (Main Headliner)

You Me At Six (Main)

Pendulum Live (Main)

Flume (NME)

Cabbage (NME)

Sundara Karma (NME)

SOHN (NME)

RUFUS (Dance)

Kaytranada (Dance)

Enter Shikari (Pit)

The Hunna (FR)

Rag N Bone Man (FR)

NAO (1 Xtra)

Shikari are surely far too popular for the pit? They're headlining Slam Dunk this year.

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

Shikari are surely far too popular for the pit? They're headlining Slam Dunk this year.

Assumed they'd be headlining it, I guess they could be mainstage but assumed the heavier style would suit the pit better. I guess FFDP pulled off the main stage last year so who knows?

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Assumed they'd be headlining it, I guess they could be mainstage but assumed the heavier style would suit the pit better. I guess FFDP pulled off the main stage last year so who knows?

Shikari played 3rd/4th down on main stage in 2014, they are NME headline material.