Citadel 2017

scatteredscreens

On 10/07/2017 at 4:32 PM, fadeinout said:

So, I'll be honest, I'm only really up for seeing Foals on Sunday at Citadel, but can anyone let me know who else I should see and if it's worth getting there at a certain time. Cheers

I'm in the same boat. I bought the ticket when it was just Foals announced, as they are one of my favourite bands. The rest of the line up hasn't really clicked with me, it's quite a bit more chilled out than Foals.

I think I'm gonna turn up about 4ish, have a wander around and check out some of the non-music stuff they have and have a few beverages in preparation for Foals.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone please let me know if they see any cheapo tickets like last year's 1/2 price deals I got wind of on here. Fancy going to see Foals' old material set (though think a lot of others may have thought the same - hence no cheapie tickets this time).

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Can anyone please let me know if they see any cheapo tickets like last year's 1/2 price deals I got wind of on here. Fancy going to see Foals' old material set (though think a lot of others may have thought the same - hence no cheapie tickets this time).

I was waiting for the same, but gave in and bought full price. I think its worth it, love bonobo and Foals. Though the sound quality at London festivals can be dodgy so hoping the sound is decent

Does anyone know what's happened to the clashfinder/has anyone saved one that they could share please? Now when you search Citadel clashfinder 2017 there are no results.

Citadel have announced they have created an app with set times which is maybe why the clashfinders have disappeared, but my phone has no room on it (and also don't want to drain the battery all day!)

A good day at Citadel yesterday. The sound levels weren't a problem at all, it was much louder than Hyde Park gigs (I could actually hear the bands!). Drinks and food were typically extortionate but I didn't have to que for more than 5 minutes or so each time.

I got into London late afternoon and managed to catch Dan Croll and Twin Peaks who were pretty good. I then grabbed some drinks and saw the end of Wild Beasts, before Bonobo (who were great) and Foals (who were brilliant, as they always are). Getting from Victoria Park back to Waterloo was a real struggle - I left during Two Steps, Twice and barely managed to make the train leaving an hour later. It must have been a nightmare for those rushing back after Frank Ocean's late performance at Lovebox. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Not Foals. They said they'd bring in some old songs and rarities for this mini tour and that's what they've done. Two tracks hadn't been played since 2011 and one since 2014.

Fair enough - just not what I was expecting from this quote!

"The cat's out the bag ... our UK festival exclusive headliners Foals will be playing an extra-special show at #Citadel17, consisting of 'old songs and rarities'". 

24 minutes ago, Homer said:

Fair enough - just not what I was expecting from this quote!

"The cat's out the bag ... our UK festival exclusive headliners Foals will be playing an extra-special show at #Citadel17, consisting of 'old songs and rarities'". 

Yea that does seem to be what they were trying to sell. Hopefully an honest mistake rather than a ploy.

Was a really good day. Mature crowd compared to when I went to community the other week. Managed to catch RY X, Dan Croll, Wild Beasts, Bonobo and Foals. Probably one of the best Foals sets I've been to (my 9th one) and the sound for a London Festival was fantastic. As said above, the travel was shit. I was also travelling back to Waterloo (and I waited till the end of the set, and then had to meet my friend I lost during foals.

Half hour set for Ry X was almost criminal, wish he had longer as so good! Lot of the other acts seemed to be rushed too when there was a few technical problems. (Dan Croll arriving late, Parcels also starting late).

Food prices were bit steep, but as expected. £6 for a bottle of corona. Ouch. Toilets on the other hand, obscene queues. Girlfriend had to queue for around half hour+ each time, only once catching them with no queue. Why can't these places hire more? There's never enough at these type of events, always seem to be operating on a 1:1000 punter to toilet ratio. Is it really that difficult to hire another handful more? Only really went for Foals and doubt I'd venture back in a hurry.