Kris Kristofferson.....

waterfalls212434

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the gordon lightfoot gig I saw the other month. People walked out of that because he was less than perfect.

I do wonder what people expect though.These are very old men who have lived lives full of extreme excess. Not everyone is leonard cohen. I think walking out is extemely disrespectful and shows a complete lack of understanding.

But for some people, once they have handed over their money, they demand nothing short of perfection no matter what. These people are c**ts.

• 3 months later...

So then....

A brave and moving final moment with a man staring mortality square in the eye and refusing to bow, the already sombre songs added additional gravitas by the passing of the years and slow advance of infirmity as his powers gradually desert him.  Sparse, resonant and sobering.

or

He probably shouldn't have been there at his age and in his shape.

?

Am actually watching this right now (finally got iPlayer working - hooray! Fingers crossed it won't quit on me...).  I missed Kris due to clashes. Am sure I would have been annoyed with some of the audience if I had been there as there seems to be a fair bit of chatter.

I still think it's a good show. Yes, Kris is a little forgetful, but charming with it.  And he has help on stage for when he gets stuck. Johnny Depp looked good but added nothing.  Same Margo Price, even though I like her a lot.  It's the songs that bring the quality though.  You cannot go wrong with so many classics.

Edited by Watergirl

Utter car crash, I feel sorry for him, not sure he is mentally all there, badly advised or someone else is pulling the strings, art garfunkel got away with it last year in the acoustic tent which was packed with fans who love him no matter what.

most people watching KK just know him as that bloke from Blade, certainly weren't fans and didn't know the songs, whoever put him on the pyramid should be ashamed of themselves.

49 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

FWIW, I fall somewhere between the two stools.

Never really thought about both outcomes being compatible.

Was pretty excited about it when the self confirmation came thru but - just as with Motörhead a couple of years ago - live reports indicated it'd be too tough a watch and I abandoned intentions. Sad to see that being confirmed by the consensus. Wonder if the Acoustic Stage woulda made things better.

9 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

I was half-watching him whilst eating a particularly disappointing halloumi cone.

The only high point for me was discovering that I can play guitar better than Johnny Depp.

Those halloumi cones are one of the most disappointing things I've eaten at Glasto. They promise so much but in the end it's three bits of over cooked halloumi, doused in way too much sauce which once you've eaten all you're left with is bread and salad. 

I didn't have my first cone until last year and thought it was tasty. Woeful this year. Am I doomed into trying every year to try and recreate the buzz of the first time?

Halloumi was way overcooked and, I agree, covered in too much sauce. Once the cheese and salad has gone there's a 0.17 second gap between the sauce sitting happily in the end of the bread and it seeping all over your hands and clothes. Needless to say I never react in time.

On 27/03/2017 at 10:31 AM, russycarps said:

Sounds like the gordon lightfoot gig I saw the other month. People walked out of that because he was less than perfect.

I do wonder what people expect though.These are very old men who have lived lives full of extreme excess. Not everyone is leonard cohen. I think walking out is extemely disrespectful and shows a complete lack of understanding.

But for some people, once they have handed over their money, they demand nothing short of perfection no matter what. These people are c**ts.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

saw a few mins and got the hell out of there. Reminded me of when I saw gordon lightfoot the other year, it was like watching a reanimated corpse.

:lol: