Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tartan_Glasto

Glastonbury to Glasgow

Recommended Posts

Maybe a bit early on, but just looking into my options. Anyone happen to be driving back from Glastonbury to Glasgow on the Monday? Either in their own car or part of a group with a mini bus? I'll be going there with friends but coming back on my own. In the past I've flown or got a train but thought I'd look into potential car sharing this year.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I could be interested in this too, cheers!  @Tartan_Glasto if you don't mind me asking, what are your usual tactics for travelling back up via public transport?  Thanks!

Howdy!

In 2015 I got the shuttle from site to Bristol on the Monday morning. It takes you Temple Meads train station. From there I got the Airport shuttle and got a flight from Bristol airport to Glasgow airport. 

Last year I did the same with getting the shuttle from site to Bristol and I got the train from Temple Meads to Glasgow. 

Both fairly easy ways of doing things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Tartan_Glasto did you ever hear from anyone?  I think I am supposed to be on a 10am coach on the Monday (I have a coach ticket) but getting a train from Bristol might be better.  Not sure what shape I will be in to sit on a coach for hours on end!  In your experience is it pretty easy to get out of the site on time for a train provided you allow enough time eg 4 or 5 hours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Hi @Tartan_Glasto did you ever hear from anyone?  I think I am supposed to be on a 10am coach on the Monday (I have a coach ticket) but getting a train from Bristol might be better.  Not sure what shape I will be in to sit on a coach for hours on end!  In your experience is it pretty easy to get out of the site on time for a train provided you allow enough time eg 4 or 5 hours?

Hey! In the end I've booked myself a train ticket from Bristol to Glasgow on the Monday afternoon at 13:30. Getting to Bristol is pretty easy I just go to the Bus stops at gate A and there you can get a £15 ticket for a Bristol shuttle. They leave pretty often and take you right to Temple Meads train station. As far as timings go it's hard to say as in 2015 I was on the bus for about an hour and a half but last year I was on it for about 40mins (even though it was worse conditions last year). I give myself plenty of time. I get myself all packed up and to the bus stop for about 8am. Once in Bristol I then go get myself a breakfast in the Wetherspoons right next to the train station and just sit there while i wait for the train :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Hey! In the end I've booked myself a train ticket from Bristol to Glasgow on the Monday afternoon at 13:30. Getting to Bristol is pretty easy I just go to the Bus stops at gate A and there you can get a £15 ticket for a Bristol shuttle. They leave pretty often and take you right to Temple Meads train station. As far as timings go it's hard to say as in 2015 I was on the bus for about an hour and a half but last year I was on it for about 40mins (even though it was worse conditions last year). I give myself plenty of time. I get myself all packed up and to the bus stop for about 8am. Once in Bristol I then go get myself a breakfast in the Wetherspoons right next to the train station and just sit there while i wait for the train :) 

That's the same train we're getting back up to Edinburgh on the Monday. I can't believe it takes 6.5 hours!

We're also getting that train down on  Tuesday night from Edinburgh at 5pm, come join us for a beer if you're on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DownlnAlbion said:

That's the same train we're getting back up to Edinburgh on the Monday. I can't believe it takes 6.5 hours!

We're also getting that train down on  Tuesday night from Edinburgh at 5pm, come join us for a beer if you're on it 

Sounds fun! I'm travelling down to London on the Tuesday morning to meet mates. However, if you see a wee lonely dude in the Spoons in Bristol on the Monday morning then come say hey! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Sounds fun! I'm travelling down to London on the Tuesday morning to meet mates. However, if you see a wee lonely dude in the Spoons in Bristol on the Monday morning then come say hey! :) 

Will do man! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×