McCor

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, McCor said:

Anyone got any news on the lineup? I'm predicting a Blossoms headline slot....

don't think blossoms are big enough personally. although i do love em, headlining among the likes of manic street preachers and catfish is just not possible. maybe they might support. 

i could defo see madness doing the oldies night.

Truck is also one of the only smaller festivals that haven't had Noel Gallagher play, it would probably be a push getting him to perform but truck have outlined intentions to get bigger.

6 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

don't think blossoms are big enough personally. although i do love em, headlining among the likes of manic street preachers and catfish is just not possible. maybe they might support. 

i could defo see madness doing the oldies night.

Truck is also one of the only smaller festivals that haven't had Noel Gallagher play, it would probably be a push getting him to perform but truck have outlined intentions to get bigger.

Didn't really think about those but all possible. Do you think Richard Ashcroft is too big? Obviously it wouldn't be Noel Gallagher, Madness and RA but 1 of the 3 in the same slot Manics had.

I could also see Blossoms playing, maybe as a sub or headliner as I'd say they're around the same size as Catfish but maybe you're right and they're smaller. I would personally like to see/could see happening headliners in Courteeners, Example, Jake Bugg, Bloc Party or Slaves.

Other acts who are realistic who I'd like to see on the lineup are Vant, Pulled Apart By Horses, Ash, Creeper, Feeder, Frank Carter, White Lies, The Orwells and Cage The Elephant (Not too sure on the last two as they're American and not sure if Truck could pull American bands in to play).

49 minutes ago, foolee said:

Didn't really think about those but all possible. Do you think Richard Ashcroft is too big? Obviously it wouldn't be Noel Gallagher, Madness and RA but 1 of the 3 in the same slot Manics had.

I could also see Blossoms playing, maybe as a sub or headliner as I'd say they're around the same size as Catfish but maybe you're right and they're smaller. I would personally like to see/could see happening headliners in Courteeners, Example, Jake Bugg, Bloc Party or Slaves.

Other acts who are realistic who I'd like to see on the lineup are Vant, Pulled Apart By Horses, Ash, Creeper, Feeder, Frank Carter, White Lies, The Orwells and Cage The Elephant (Not too sure on the last two as they're American and not sure if Truck could pull American bands in to play).

I can't see Noel playing in the Manics slot at all, Manics aren't sub sized by a long way now and Catfish are way bigger than Blossoms.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Like you say, NG and RA are pretty big. I would put my money on Madness.

Also on the topic of Blossoms, i think they have a big buzz about them. And they are enjoyable live BUT they aren't catfish size i don't think. Catfish played Wembley last year, whereas Blossoms are just getting started.

Courteeners aren't as big down in the south as they are up north, that's my only thought.

There is a definite space for a dancier act, like example or Chase and Status. 

Cage could definitely headline one of the smaller stages similar to Mystery Jets last year. 

I feel like last year the undercard wasn't AS strong as the year before. Don't get me wrong i greatly enjoyed everyone who i saw, but in 2015 there were more bigger bands earlier in the day. 

Noel had crossed my mind, I know he did small festivals last year as it wanted to play locations he wouldn't usually tour in. I think Blossoms will at the very least sub, and Courteenera could headline in my opinion. Big enough down here to fill the slot but not too big that it would be out of the question.

Other bands for me, Cabbage, Vant, The Blinders, Little Comets, InHeaven, Rag n Bone Man, Dave, The Shimmer Band, April, The Sherlocks, Yves

57 minutes ago, McCor said:

Noel had crossed my mind, I know he did small festivals last year as it wanted to play locations he wouldn't usually tour in. I think Blossoms will at the very least sub, and Courteenera could headline in my opinion. Big enough down here to fill the slot but not too big that it would be out of the question.

I'd agree that they would be a perfect sub to someone like Courteeners. Manc roots and all that.

Peace are looking set to come back this year, could see them playing the Market Stage. Also could see Savages, Glass Animals and Jagwar Ma being involved somewhere. Gengahr are also coming back this year with an album in the works. 

Metronomy released a new album last year and look set to release another in quick succession this year, they could be 3rd on a day. (I think they are great, but are they still relevant?)

As much as i'd dislike it, You Me At Six have just released a new album, thought on them playing? they seem like they're in a bit of limbo, not big enough to headline major's (R+L etc), but too big for minor's (Truck, Y Not)

Truck are always amazing at getting in the hottest new talent so no doubt will bands like Cabbage, Vant and Catholic Action be in the mix. and ofc Truck faves Sundara Karma should be there, 3rd under blossoms and Courteeners in my mind.

Courteeners

Blossoms

Sundara

Cabbage

That would be a pretty good afternoon / evening. Although, my love for Courteeners isn't what it used to be. Since he started posting photos of Paris, Liam Fray has gone a bit limp. St Jude is my favourite album of theirs. 

13 hours ago, McCor said:

Courteeners

Blossoms

Sundara

Cabbage

That would be a pretty good afternoon / evening. Although, my love for Courteeners isn't what it used to be. Since he started posting photos of Paris, Liam Fray has gone a bit limp. St Jude is my favourite album of theirs. 

that would be exceptionally strong.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/music/courteeners-storm-off-stage-london-liam-fray-hit-face-bottle-1886361%3Fsource%3Ddam?client=safari

not a big fan of liam either, he tells people to go mental at their gigs and then gets hit by a bottle and cries about it.

Could see Frank Turner headlining one of the days - he has headlined Truck a lot over the years if I'm not mistaken.

Other Acts I would like to see there include: Vant, Mallory Knox, Deaf Havana, The Sherlocks, Seafret, Slaves (sub??), High Tyde, Moose Blood, Arcane Roots, Band of Skulls, The Amazons

I hope for maybe a Wolf Alice headline/ sub - additionally I think someone like royal blood would make a good headliner.

I hope sundara karma come back as they were ace and could see them playing up the order on the market stage this year. 

I think slaves sub aswell or maybe a top spot on the Nest would be unreal.

My prediction for the sort of thing I reckon we could see in terms of the bigger acts on the bill:

Main:

Courteeners / Primal Scream / Frank Turner

Slaves / Band of Skulls / Blossoms

Public Service Broadcasting / Pulled Apart By Horses / Vant

Cabbage / High Tyde / The Big Moon

Nest:

Mallory Knox / The Wonder Years / Skindred

Creeper / Real Friends / Arcane Roots

Market:

Sundara Karma / The Hunna / Seafret

The Amazons / The Sherlocks / JAWS

Agreed. They take too long every year. Right now purely because they have taken so long I am looking at boardmasters.

It best be at the start of next week/at least by thursday or genuinely could see some people just forgetting about it.

On a more brighter note though, maybe they are waiting because the line up is SO good that they want the biggest amount of publicity possible? ;)

2 hours ago, RedBalloon said:

Agreed. They take too long every year. Right now purely because they have taken so long I am looking at boardmasters.

It best be at the start of next week/at least by thursday or genuinely could see some people just forgetting about it.

On a more brighter note though, maybe they are waiting because the line up is SO good that they want the biggest amount of publicity possible? ;)

If I hadn't gone for the pay monthly option, I may well have looked at other festivals by now as well. Boardmasters, Bestival, even Reading.

It better be worth the wait! I'm hoping its someone so big they are having to do some serious leg work to firm up the contract!

1 hour ago, McCor said:

It better be worth the wait! I'm hoping its someone so big they are having to do some serious leg work to firm up the contract!

We can only hope and pray that it is a MASSIVE step up for the festival. Or maybe someone who is on tour atm? 

I am excited still, i think truck is such a great festival. good crowd etc. 

I am absolutely stumped for ideas though.