2017 headliner guesses

smogo

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

3 would be a huge redemption. If anyone seriously wants to go listen to Bassline Junkie nowadays they oughta book 'emsels in for a lobotomy. I'm sure the undercard will be sufficient - usually is.

Dizzee was awesome until he released "Tongue n cheek" in 09. 

I also don't think PSB will have the same impact that Elton or The Cure had... 

Edited by Hawky

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Circus-Freak said:

If last year wasn't as bad as it was, I'd say this is a typical Bestival. But I think they needed stronger names, more than ever, just for this year to try and revive all them lost hopes.

Im predicting poor ticket sales again.

I'm wondering if "all them lost hopes" is something that really exists outside of people who post on festival-centric websites etc.

Hmmm. Fairly standard Bestival lineup. I think they would have actually been better off going for the Brian Wilson does pet sounds at this one, rather than CB - but I guess the dates didn't match up...

Anyway, not enough for me to buy a ticket straight away, even with the £150 tickets. But definitely one I'll consider later on in the year. Might even consider working it, Festaff are only asking for a £35 deposit to do wristbanding this year.

It's getting mixed comments on social media. I think you're right, most ticket sales will be to the ones that have been going the last few years, maybe still a few faithful left from the begining for curiosity reasons.

Some festivals are offering huge line up acts this year as the circuit seems to be getting tighter. The discounted ticket sales is a great way to compete, but headliners sell tickets. Granted, Bestival never used to be a headline type of festival, but it's been hit hard last couple of years and lost traction (I'm just going on ticket sales) and really hoped they got big names for this year.

Im sure most of you on here will love it just as much as other years, and I'm glad you will. I saw this festival grow from day one and yes it's not devastatingly terrible, but it's quite far away from what it was. 

I honestly think Bestival will do alright with that lineup. The XX's stock has never been higher and this is their only U.K. Festival announced so far (with possibly only Glasto to add). Same with Pet Shop Boys, and other than Parklife ATCQ is also a fairly solid booking (And I would rather see them at Bestival than Parklife). Jamie T is always a nice addition and having Justice not headlining like we all assumed shows it has a bit of depth. 

Just my take. If I don't get Glasto tickets in the resale and am still in the country I'd probably go.

45 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I honestly think Bestival will do alright with that lineup. The XX's stock has never been higher and this is their only U.K. Festival announced so far (with possibly only Glasto to add). Same with Pet Shop Boys, and other than Parklife ATCQ is also a fairly solid booking (And I would rather see them at Bestival than Parklife). Jamie T is always a nice addition and having Justice not headlining like we all assumed shows it has a bit of depth. 

Agreed. Think Dizzee Rascal is a bit of a let down as a sub. A stronger name on that day would have made it a lot better. 

But chuck a few mid sized bands in the mix and possibly a special guest and you have a fairly decent line up.