2017 headliner guesses

smogo

41 minutes ago, smogo said:

As for his "it's all changing" comment, I suspect that means that there'll be day tickets on sale.

My question to him:

@RobdaBank @Bestival also, If I buy the wild Copse camping ticket- does that include an actual weekend ticket?  Or do I have to buy separate

His reply read:

@Hawky93 @Bestival hold fire til we go onsale v soon mate as its all changinG!

Would he say that if I was just day tickets? I didn't think Bestival did day tickets.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

Would he say that if I was just day tickets? I didn't think Bestival did day tickets.

I hope they do this year! Already booked my years worth of holiday off work so would like to go on the weekend as it's only down the road.

14 hours ago, Hawky said:

Hola,

I was dead set on trying Bestival this year, so much so I've been tweeting Rob Da Bank questions to do with the festival. However, it would seem that judging by posts on ere that it's going down the pan. 

The whole reason I was considering t again, was because it's moved site. Do people not think the move will be a good thing for Bestival? Having serious second thoughts about going now :/ 

Childish Gambino would be the dream, would he headline?

Last year was their worst for a variety of reasons.

The move off the Island was received negatively by Islanders (inevitably) but more positively by those on the mainland - for obvious travel cost reasons. 

I know that the % of ticket holders at Bestival from the Island was actually relatively low, so this move has a lot of logic to it.

However, a lot of damage was done to their reputation last year and a lot of older Bestival heads have moved on to other festivals like Boom Town. But, if Bestival get the line up right this year and put on a good event, they could still rescue it. I think a huge amount depends on the line up. I know a lot of my friends who used to go are waiting on the line up before making a decision. There's a lot of competition out there! 

14 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Can't see Sigur Ros playing again after the grumblings of 2012. 

I really do have everything crossed that Rob pulls a blinder of a lineup out of the bag this year, I think the future of the festival depends on it. 

Aye, heard about 2012 but figured it's been 5 years since then... And their UK tour starts a week after Bestival so they'll be here.

6 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Aye, heard about 2012 but figured it's been 5 years since then... And their UK tour starts a week after Bestival so they'll be here.

I suppose it depends how much of a grudge they hold. They issued a press release basically calling Rob a liar & wouldn't allow any of the set to be shown online, so they must have been really pissed off. 

4 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I suppose it depends how much of a grudge they hold. They issued a press release basically calling Rob a liar & wouldn't allow any of the set to be shown online, so they must have been really pissed off. 

Yeah, I've read a couple of articles about it. Seems as though their problems stemmed from not headlining... Offer them a headline slot and all should be resolved??  Haha.

Replace Depeche with Nick Cave and The bad seeds. One can dream. 

Edited by Hawky

I'm not hoping for Depeche, I just know Rob has gone after them in the past.

Depends how extensive their North/ south America tour is. Could do 20 dates in August and be back in the UK for September. I doubt it though.

Edit: I mean 20 dates in between their last European show and bestival

Edited by Hawky

why is it people are guessing at LCD soundsystem?  or is it just wishful thinking?  I would have thought they would be too busy with their new album, plus they spent most of last year touring.   They were amazing at Electric Picnic - couldn't stop listening to them for months afterwards.

3 minutes ago, ghoulieanne said:

why is it people are guessing at LCD soundsystem?  or is it just wishful thinking?  I would have thought they would be too busy with their new album, plus they spent most of last year touring.   They were amazing at Electric Picnic - couldn't stop listening to them for months afterwards.

In America in July, logic dictates they'll be over here late summer/ early autumn 

4 minutes ago, ghoulieanne said:

I would really love to see them again.... also would love Arcade Fire to be announced,but they are already on at Isle of White festival.

Depeche Mode could be quite cool...  what about Kraftwerk - they've not announced any festival tour dates yet...

LCD would be cool, just got to wait and see if they plan on being in Europe in September! 

Arcade Fire are UK Exclusive at IOW, unfortunately. 

Depeche Mode, probably unlikely due to going to N. America after European dates but they're one of Rob's favourite bands, so you never know.

Kraftwerk are playing Neopop in Portugal I think, in August, so they're active. Another possibility. Would they go down well at Bestival? 

This will be my first Bestival, so I genuinely have no idea what would go down well to be honest...  The lineup usually seems quite eclectic as far as I can see... they would go down well with me!

I am interested to see what "legend" / "Retro" acts they will announce anyway...  

2 minutes ago, ghoulieanne said:

This will be my first Bestival, so I genuinely have no idea what would go down well to be honest...  The lineup usually seems quite eclectic as far as I can see... they would go down well with me!

I am interested to see what "legend" / "Retro" acts they will announce anyway...  

It's looking like my first too.

Hip hop is an aspect that interests me, would love Chance the Rapper to headline. RTJ would be welcome too.

I'm interested in the Edm side of things also, would love Aphex Twin and Jaar to turn up.

2 hours ago, smogo said:

Rob says, "it's less grimey a tad more indie and hip hop and more vintage feel... lots of stages :)"

Aye, I saw that (tweeted it to me ha).

My only fear is, if there is really 16 stages (Or whatever that map said) the headliners may suffer to make more room, in terms of budget, for the undercard. Thoughts?