2017 headliner guesses

smogo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Circus-Freak said:

Rob said ages ago they have already got 3 headline acts. Also said they will be announced towards the end of Jan, all 3 at once. He said on Twitter when asked who the headline acts are he said he'd like to know too (this morning). 

Has someone dropped out?

:rolleyes: not strictly true, but ok. 

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

We usually don't say this until we see the final headliner announcement. ;)

Is that the festival forum 'code'? :D

Ive said it and can't take it back now. And I stand by it, someone's dropped out. I expect Robs been on the phone to Florence and the machine or maybe this is the year to Kitty Daisy and Lewis get a headline slot? 

I'm just joking before you all have a strop.

Itll be interesting to see who.

16 hours ago, Circus-Freak said:

Is that the festival forum 'code'? :D

Ive said it and can't take it back now. And I stand by it, someone's dropped out. I expect Robs been on the phone to Florence and the machine or maybe this is the year to Kitty Daisy and Lewis get a headline slot? 

I'm just joking before you all have a strop.

Itll be interesting to see who.

No man it was a joke. I meant the last headliner is usually puzzling: Wiz Khalifa and Sean Paul, Chic ft. Nile Rodgers, Fatboy Slim... Missy Elliott wasn't so bad but the news that she'd 'completed' the set of headliners - silently promoting Duran Duran up a slot - was the "what happened there?" thing.

I think most of those went down well though so fest knows best I suppose.

Edited by dentalplan

Hola,

I was dead set on trying Bestival this year, so much so I've been tweeting Rob Da Bank questions to do with the festival. However, it would seem that judging by posts on ere that it's going down the pan. 

The whole reason I was considering t again, was because it's moved site. Do people not think the move will be a good thing for Bestival? Having serious second thoughts about going now :/ 

Childish Gambino would be the dream, would he headline?

1 hour ago, Hawky said:

Hola,

I was dead set on trying Bestival this year, so much so I've been tweeting Rob Da Bank questions to do with the festival. However, it would seem that judging by posts on ere that it's going down the pan. 

The whole reason I was considering t again, was because it's moved site. Do people not think the move will be a good thing for Bestival? Having serious second thoughts about going now :/ 

Childish Gambino would be the dream, would he headline?

Well it is/was going down the pan, which called for extreme measures of relocating and downsizing. From what I can see people on the mainland have received the move positively. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess - just gotta wait and see what they come out with. Wouldn't let it put you off.

And nah I don't see him headlining yet but he'd be high up. Doubt he'll tour outside the US much seeing as Atlanta S2 has been delayed for the Han Solo movie filming. Would be cool though.

Edited by dentalplan

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well it is/was going down the pan, which called for extreme measures of relocating and downsizing. From what I can see people on the mainland have received the move positively. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess - just gotta wait and see what they come out with. Wouldn't let it put you off.

And nah I don't see him headlining yet but he'd be high up. Doubt he'll tour outside the US much seeing as Atlanta S2 has been delayed for the Han Solo movie filming. Would be cool though.

I had a conversation with RDB on Twitter tonight, and it seems as though Bestival is getting a complete revamp this week.

Guess we'll see. Announcement was on a Friday last year I believe, so I'm guessing we'll hear this Friday. 

2 hours ago, ghoulieanne said:

Ah, maybe that's why the announcement's not happened yet.