• Public Service Broadcasting
    • Pete Seeger Band
    • Po'okela Street Band

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

New music from Public Service Broadcasting this afternoon.  BBC 6Music's Radcliffe & Maconie show (1-4pm, Thurs 9 March) for their exclusive first play. DIYmag will be running the online premiere at some point on Thursday afternoon, and the single will be going up on streaming services around 3pm.

They're doing other festivals in the Summer but of course no real comment on Glastonbury aside from saying 'Its up the stages to book us'.

2 hours ago, nodolphie said:

New music from Public Service Broadcasting this afternoon.  BBC 6Music's Radcliffe & Maconie show (1-4pm, Thurs 9 March) for their exclusive first play. DIYmag will be running the online premiere at some point on Thursday afternoon, and the single will be going up on streaming services around 3pm.

They're doing other festivals in the Summer but of course no real comment on Glastonbury aside from saying 'Its up the stages to book us'.

Sounded great + vocals from camera Obscura!

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I asked Mr Willgoose about Glasto on Twitter - the answer was 'I don't know yet' which wasn't a denial, indeed wouldn't necessarily have expected him to confirm anyway. Here's hoping!

Nice one.  I was going to ask for a link, but remembered Twitter had a search function :).  For the lazy:

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Really loving the new PSB album; I find it very poignant and moving. Going to get tickets for the London gig I think - they're on Dice for £26.50 but it doesn't seem to specify whether standing or seated? I presume standing, but has anyone come across this issue before?

I'd presume standing too as if they're offering both or offering just seats they'll usually specify. But to be sure I would suggest contacting DICE via the support bit on the bottom right icon and asking.

It really is top draw that album. Much more emotional than I'd ever expected a PSB album to be. I hope it resonates with those from that background too.

It's crushing in the midweek charts too and I see they're playing some big venues on this tour; could see them headlining Park when the festival is back off break, or if they manage to get another album out by then, maybe West Holts.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I'd presume standing too as if they're offering both or offering just seats they'll usually specify. But to be sure I would suggest contacting DICE via the support bit on the bottom right icon and asking.

It really is top draw that album. Much more emotional than I'd ever expected a PSB album to be. I hope it resonates with those from that background too.

It's crushing in the midweek charts too and I see they're playing some big venues on this tour; could see them headlining Park when the festival is back off break, or if they manage to get another album out by then, maybe West Holts.

Cheers - I've contacted them, but I've not used them much so not sure how good they are at responding to emails.

It seems to have gone down pretty well with some from that background going by this piece:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/17/public-service-broadcasting-every-valley-welsh-mining-industry

Headlining Park or West Holts would be ace. Would love that.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers - I've contacted them, but I've not used them much so not sure how good they are at responding to emails.

It seems to have gone down pretty well with some from that background going by this piece:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/17/public-service-broadcasting-every-valley-welsh-mining-industry

Headlining Park or West Holts would be ace. Would love that.

That was a good read, cheers. 

Yeah they got back to me quite quickly when I used the feature so it should be alright.

1 minute ago, donkeykong said:

Definitely a bit more guitar based this time. The new songs sound great live, including some much heavier stuff

Good to know. I think All Out is my favourite currently, along with Progress and The Pit. Still familiarising myself it all, though.

I think the only ones I haven't immediately loved as much are the more traditional song-y ones, so the JDB one (which just sounds a bit like a later-era Manics song to me) and You + Me. But I suspect they'll grow.

8 minutes ago, pauladam said:

I dont think "The Quietus" are big fans of Public Service Broadcasting.....

http://thequietus.com/articles/22774-public-service-broadcasting-every-valley-review

Haha, he doesn't pull any punches, does he?

I can actually totally understand why some people hate them, but it works for me. But then I'm a sucker for nostalgia, always have been.

I like this comment:

"Hmm. An interesting review.

Is everything ok at home?"

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Haha, he doesn't pull any punches, does he?

I can actually totally understand why some people hate them, but it works for me. But then I'm a sucker for nostalgia, always have been.

I like this comment:

"Hmm. An interesting review.

Is everything ok at home?"

I know - everyone is always entitled to their own opinion :) - but whether that opinion is the correct one....