stuartbert two hats

Pet Shop Boys  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Which PSB is best?

• Pet Shop Boys
    • Public Service Broadcasting
    • Pete Seeger Band
    • Po'okela Street Band

Which is the better PSB? The old, washed up Pet Shop Boys, whose greatest trick was convincing the world that Hallo Spaceboy was a load of old cobblers and not Bowie's best song of the 90s. West End Girls was good, but that was a very, very long time ago.

Or Public Service Broadcasting, a concept band who have managed to transcend their seemingly limited premise with great melodies, atmospheric samples and awe inspiring arrangements.

Move over boys, there's a new PSB in town!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted pet shop boys as was a big fan as a kid (mainly as Chris Lowe had a keyboard with a computer monitor attached to the end which looked cool)

Was listening to some of their early stuff recently like track below which is 30 years old but reckon if you played it in a dj set now people would still think it was a banger ( others may wonder why the dj is playing the theme tune to the clothes show!) West end girls has just come on the radio as I type this which is a pretty strange coincidence :ph34r:

Is this even debateable?

Public Service Broadcasting were that boring I actually went and watched Andy Murray in the tennis when they supported New Order at Jodrel Bank. I would not mind but I can't stand tennis.

It was just pretensious noodling. The Whip came on after them and absolutely blew them away.

I don't mind a bit of new PSB though I don't think I could sit through a whole album.

I may have previously mentioned my views on old PSB once or twice before so won't bore you any further. Suffice to say, they managed a couple of haff listenable tunes when they first appeared but everything since, well... shite doesn't even start to cover it.

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I voted for Public Service Broadcasting. Never been into Pet Shops at all and Public Service Broadcasting are right up my street. Race for Space is class. Great live too.

I saw them a few times in small venues and really enjoyed them (love the albums). I last saw them opening for the Manics/SFA at the Liberty Stadium. I feared for them there, playing in daylight to a crowd who in the whole probably weren't familiar with them, but they really won them over.