Lollapalooza Berlin 2017

AAlex

13 hours ago, princemuzzy said:

i know its a new location but how far a walk were the stages in previous years i have quite alot of bands id like to see starting straight after each other on different stages 

Not super reliable, but I've done an over lay of the site map on Google Maps. Looks like the stages are fairly close to each other and as it's a racecourse, the ground will be flat.

So should be quick to go from one stage to the other.

Just depends how deep into the crowd you like to be.

Hopefully there won't be any issues with sound bleed

Lolla map overlay.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/09/2017 at 9:19 PM, princemuzzy said:

alex as someone whos been before how does the prepaying work is it attched to your wristband?

They didn't have it last year so it's going to be completely new to me too I'm afraid. From what I gather they'll be a plastic part on your wristband with a barcode, and you'll either put some money on it at the outlets there or get it topped up on arrival if you've prepaid.

Seems like a good idea to me, certainly will reduce any queues if no ones waiting for change or the tokens they were giving out seemingly randomly last year, but to be honest I never thought the queues were that bad last year.

The only thing I am concerned about is checking the balance, I don't want to be in a situation where I'm at the bar and when I scan my wristband it tells me I dont have enough :lol: so hopefully there's a lot of places to check this beforehand, because if you have to queue up to check your balance it sort of defeats the object.

Arriving in Berlin tomorrow morning and really looking forward to this! Foo's were amazing at Glasto/Rock Werchter and I'm pleased they've learnt from last year and have Two Door and The XX on after the headliner... whereas last year we had to choose between Kings of Leon and New Order, as well as 1975 or Radiohead and a couple of others.

On 07/09/2017 at 1:50 PM, alexlloyd said:

They didn't have it last year so it's going to be completely new to me too I'm afraid. From what I gather they'll be a plastic part on your wristband with a barcode, and you'll either put some money on it at the outlets there or get it topped up on arrival if you've prepaid.

Seems like a good idea to me, certainly will reduce any queues if no ones waiting for change or the tokens they were giving out seemingly randomly last year, but to be honest I never thought the queues were that bad last year.

The only thing I am concerned about is checking the balance, I don't want to be in a situation where I'm at the bar and when I scan my wristband it tells me I dont have enough :lol: so hopefully there's a lot of places to check this beforehand, because if you have to queue up to check your balance it sort of defeats the object.

Arriving in Berlin tomorrow morning and really looking forward to this! Foo's were amazing at Glasto/Rock Werchter and I'm pleased they've learnt from last year and have Two Door and The XX on after the headliner... whereas last year we had to choose between Kings of Leon and New Order, as well as 1975 or Radiohead and a couple of others.

Delighted with the schedule myself don't mind missing one or 2 tunes once to can get to them after the other band is over 

Do you think I'd be better off on the train or the official bus out I'm staying city centre 

Also with the rain will trainers be ok do ya think