JUSTICE

Fladog

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Not going by Sigur Ros's reaction to subbing Stevie Wonder it isn't! Basically, they complained about it being too light. Though SW presumably had a super-long set, I can't really remember.

I believe that was in part due to demands made by Stevie Wonder to finish earlier or something similar (the letter they posted put some of the blame on him anyway, so I'm guessing they were originally due to be on later and have the dark they requested).

You make a good point though and I suppose it at least shows us that Justice are willing to be booked in non-headliner spots. Would still be an odd placing for them regardless of the headliner that follows them.

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I believe that was in part due to demands made by Stevie Wonder to finish earlier or something similar (the letter they posted put some of the blame on him anyway, so I'm guessing they were originally due to be on later and have the dark they requested).

You make a good point though and I suppose it at least shows us that Justice are willing to be booked in non-headliner spots. Would still be an odd placing for them regardless of the headliner that follows them.

Off all the acts it must make relatively little difference to if he's playing in the light or the dark anyway, ironically...

3 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The sub-slot at Bestival is typically in the dark, or at the very least the last slivers of light, I know that The xx played the slot and it was dark, same for Simian Mobile Disco a few years earlier.

You make a very good point sir. They normally start in a dim sort of sun-setting greyness and finish in complete darkness. Didnt Sigur Ros kick off because of something to do with the darkness side of things? They thought it was going to be dark from the off or something. Maybe I'm making that up - they definitely weren't happy about something.

We could have a situation like 2013 where Smashing Pumpkins were considered by many to be the 'real' Other Stage headliners, but then The XX were on after as they needed it to be dark. 

Maybe Justice will be on last with a relatively bigger act on beforehand.

5 minutes ago, mjsell said:

You make a very good point sir. They normally start in a dim sort of sun-setting greyness and finish in complete darkness. Didnt Sigur Ros kick off because of something to do with the darkness side of things? They thought it was going to be dark from the off or something. Maybe I'm making that up - they definitely weren't happy about something.

Yeah Sigur Ros definitely started in the light too, I think Stevie Wonder wanted a longer set, and the Sunday finishes a bit earlier for the fireworks etc if memory serves me correctly, and at that time of year 30 mins here or there can have a decent impact.

12 minutes ago, dimus said:

We could have a situation like 2013 where Smashing Pumpkins were considered by many to be the 'real' Other Stage headliners, but then The XX were on after as they needed it to be dark. 

Maybe Justice will be on last with a relatively bigger act on beforehand.

There wasn't that much difference between the size of the Pumpkins and The xx at that time though, whereas whatever act that'd go on before Justice (The xx, The National, Biffy Clyro) would be considerably bigger and somehow I doubt would be okay with essentially subbing/playing in the light themselves. As has been said, chances are this bit of info that Neil had is wrong as it also included some other questionable inclusions such as Wiley being another Other headliner. Justice for West Holts fo' sho'.

I didn't ever think the Smashing Pumpkins ever seemed like the headliner that year, crowd where I was for it was dreadful, massively disinterested and the crowd for The xx was significantly bigger from what I remember, although may have more to do with it just getting a lot busier where I was stood.

Nero? Sheesh! Isn't Nero dubstep? Or I know when they first burst onto the scene they were definitely making dubstep - certainly not an act I would have associated with Justice, but different ears and all that.

Cross is a great album, and is probably closer to the sort of thing to expect from a live show, best of giving the 2 live albums a listen 'A Cross the Universe' and 'Access All Arenas' think they cite their influences as being techno, house and metal, their love of prog rock comes out in later albums.

Neil - what info did you have that Justice is on the Other Stage? With BBK headlining now, I am struggling to see how they are not WH headliner / JP. Also because I imagine they would need the darkness. 

Having said that they could conceivably do the sunset set into BBK Sunday night?

Geezer on another (non-music) messageboard reckons he's seen the WH lineup and Justice are headlining there on the Sunday. Against Sheeran and BBK that could be busy. Could be BS, of course.

EDIT: I should say he posted that before they announced they were playing the Sunday.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Geezer on another (non-music) messageboard reckons he's seen the WH lineup and Justice are headlining there on the Sunday. Against Sheeran and BBK that could be busy. Could be BS, of course.

EDIT: I should say he posted that before they announced they were playing the Sunday.

Did he mention anything else? If he had seen the WH line up, but knew BBK - he must have seen the lot?!

9 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

That's a good sign, was there any other info given that would corroborate it? Did his Saturday info match Neil's?

10 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

That would save us from the "what the hell am I supposed to do on Sunday" problem :)

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Did he mention anything else? If he had seen the WH line up, but knew BBK - he must have seen the lot?!

Yeah but said he couldn't really say anymore. He did quote the eFests lineup for Saturday, simply saying this is what eFests say is the Saturday lineup (ie suggesting it's correct).

He's also said Chic and RTJ are not on WH.

EDIT: To be clear, he didn't mention BBK, that was just me commenting on the alternatives.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin