JUSTICE

Fladog

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wasn't it the music for the "pick up your rubbish" PSA in between bands?

Possibly but I do specifically remember it being used at the Other Stage very early in the morning for sound testing.

Anyway, the ultimate pick up your rubbish song is "nothing disposable, it's just waste" so let's have that back this year please.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

If they're on Other rather than headlining WH then aye that looks like a very shitty clash coming my way.

Agreed this sucks a little...

I've waited ages to see Justice at Glastonbury :( But I've seen them before/wlll buy gig tickets for them so it would be KP for me.

Hopefully time/date is wrong :P

Edited by LondonTom

I really hope they headline. Either Other or WH. Want to see KP, need a full length set from them and it needs to be dark. Sunday is okay but I won't be as spangled as I would be on the Fri or Sat.

Edited by dimus

Eurgh, Justice against KP would be a disaster.

At least if they were up against Radiohead (not that I am asking for this in the slightest) I know a fair few mates would be at Justice due to their indifference towards RH, meaning i'd have a choice to make. Whereas KP seems to be a universal must-see for the majority of the group. The fact that a lot of our group have tickets for Justice for their Brixton shows in Septemeber may mean that everyone will decide on Perry leaving me a choice of Perry with everyone or Justice on my own.

Sunday West Holts Headliner would be the absolutely dream. The very fact that my ideal trio of headliners is still on is a good thing though.

Just now, mjsell said:

Eurgh, Justice against KP would be a disaster.

At least if they were up against Radiohead (not that I am asking for this in the slightest) I know a fair few mates would be at Justice due to their indifference towards RH, meaning i'd have a choice to make. Whereas KP seems to be a universal must-see for the majority of the group. The fact that a lot of our group have tickets for Justice for their Brixton shows in Septemeber may mean that everyone will decide on Perry leaving me a choice of Perry with everyone or Justice on my own.

Sunday West Holts Headliner would be the absolutely dream. The very fact that my ideal trio of headliners is still on is a good thing though.

Katy Perry isn't confirmed as Sunday my man.

14 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It was definitely the sound test for a few years. It's actually how I got into them.

I guess it's not implausible that the sound test and the PSA coincided.

Just now, dentalplan said:

That is of course true, but Sunday is surely still the most likely for her (don't call me Shirley). I'd love her to sub RH personally - a full evening at the pyramid followed by two nights elswhere would be ideal. 

13 minutes ago, mjsell said:

That is of course true, but Sunday is surely still the most likely for her (don't call me Shirley). I'd love her to sub RH personally - a full evening at the pyramid followed by two nights elswhere would be ideal. 

It wouldn't shock me for Biffy and Katy to swap around with Katy getting Saturday early evening TV viewing just on the basis that Glastonbury like to try different but on this occasion I think if two other fests around Europe have Biffy into FF then they will follow suit. I think Katy would benefit more from it being darker though. 

With the lack of likely looking WH headliners on the lineup I can't see em being anywhere else (also felt like the best place for them from the start, to me). Part of Neil's info on Justice being Other Stage included Stormzy doing it too and I can't see him being anything but Friday Pyramid as things stand. Reckon that info was just duff (it also included Wiley headlining the Other Stage...).

Bonobo, The Jacksons, Justice would be a very similar trio to James Blake, EWF, Underworld imo (also not a million miles from FlyLo, G-Clint, Hot Chip).

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

We camp in Oxylers. It became a bit of a tradition on the Thursday for us to wait for "Genesis" to blast out of the speakers on the Other Stage.

I don't recall it being used for a PSA. That Elbow track started getting annoying over the last few years though. Think it was used for Oxfam or Wateraid.

3 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

Are Justice still as good as they were at Reading a few years ago?

I've been surprised at how much I've enjoyed the latest album - being that I've always dismissed them as being Daft Punk-lite (and I was once voted Britain's Least Funky Man).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

With the lack of likely looking WH headliners on the lineup I can't see em being anywhere else (also felt like the best place for them from the start, to me). Part of Neil's info on Justice being Other Stage included Stormzy doing it too and I can't see him being anything but Friday Pyramid as things stand. Reckon that info was just duff (it also included Wiley headlining the Other Stage...).

Bonobo, The Jacksons, Justice would be a very similar trio to James Blake, EWF, Underworld imo (also not a million miles from FlyLo, G-Clint, Hot Chip).

Agree on all points. Justice are a night time band and there's no way they're topping Other or even subbing it. From the looks of their current setup WH would be perfect - booking them as anything other than a headliner would be a ridiculous move.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Agree on all points. Justice are a night time band and there's no way they're topping Other or even subbing it. From the looks of their current setup WH would be perfect - booking them as anything other than a headliner would be a ridiculous move.

They appear to be subbing at Bestival, I believe.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Later in the year so more chance they'll have the darkness anyway (although that is a curious placement for them regardless). 

Not going by Sigur Ros's reaction to subbing Stevie Wonder it isn't! Basically, they complained about it being too light. Though SW presumably had a super-long set, I can't really remember.