JUSTICE

Fladog

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I just think with the shit that is happening in the world there's no need for a video like that that's my point old son... 

Ah I see the confusion re: dates etc. Yeah it came out ages ago, the thinking was that the track was never going to get played on Radio or TV so they wanted to make a video that wouldn't ever get shown on TV either, which it wasn't - ended up banned in most countries.

21 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Ah I see the confusion re: dates etc. Yeah it came out ages ago, the thinking was that the track was never going to get played on Radio or TV so they wanted to make a video that wouldn't ever get shown on TV either, which it wasn't - ended up banned in most countries.

Yea I can see why. I'm not kean on the music either but that's just me.. Only looked them up cos of what I read on here.. That's one of the things I like but obviously your not gonna like everything or we would all be the same.. 

18 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I've not listened to the new album yet. As someone who loved the first, but thought the second was dreadful, would it be worth a listen?

I think general consensus is the new one probably sits somewhere in between the two. Definitely worth a listen.

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

:lol:

Though I find their Daft Punk-lite schtick quite enjoyable myself.

To be fair mate it was alright. The live album was not as good as the cross album. Nothing reached out and made me think this is amazing though. I will get shouted down here but give me Calvin Harris any day. I like electronic music where the emphasis is on the song. 

I would watch them live and would probably enjoy them. Like you say, they are just like Daft Punk without all the hype.

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

To be fair mate it was alright. The live album was not as good as the cross album. Nothing reached out and made me think this is amazing though. I will get shouted down here but give me Calvin Harris any day. I like electronic music where the emphasis is on the song. 

I would watch them live and would probably enjoy them. Like you say, they are just like Daft Punk without all the hype.

I love how we're such a broad church, easty.

I like electronic music where the emphasis is on the industrial, looping, squelchy, repeating, pulsing beat!

B)

Ben

Really been getting into justice recently and have quickly become one of the tops for my wish list. 

Anyone hazard a guess to the kinda set list they would do. You think it would be new album heavily weighted? 

Also is west holts headliner or that they're playing in fact come from anywhere or just speculation 

Cheers 

13 hours ago, PorkSoda said:

Anyone hazard a guess to the kinda set list they would do. You think it would be new album heavily weighted? 

Guess we won't know until they start touring, but I'd imagine @Matt - Ed Banger Records would have a pretty good idea based on the amount of times he's seen them!

13 hours ago, PorkSoda said:

Also is west holts headliner or that they're playing in fact come from anywhere or just speculation 

Pure speculation, but there's been an electronic act headlining at least one night at West Holts for the last few years, and they'd probably draw a big enough crowd for it.

In previous festival shows they have leaned fairly heavily on whatever their touring set has been. If it's a headline slot so 90mins or so I would think you would get a 40/30/30 split of tracks, so more weighted towards new material. It will probably come down to how they want the set to flow, a lot of the new album would sit happily alongside the previous two in a live set so it's anyone's guess.

• 1 month later...

Justice is definitely a strange one for an Other stage headliner. Even five years ago I'd have seen them as a small Other headliner nevermind now. I wonder if this means The xx will be a Pyramid sub or if Justice would work opposite Radiohead.

Edit: If you've heard the Justice thing from a few sources Neil then does that add weight to the info you heard which was Justice and Wiley to be Other headliners with Liam Gallagher and Stormzy also playing Other?

Edited by kingcrawler

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Justice is definitely a strange one for an Other stage headliner. Even five years ago I'd have seen them as a small Other headliner nevermind now. I wonder if this means The xx will be a Pyramid sub or if Justice would work opposite Radiohead.

Nah, as they'll be one of the smaller Other headliners I think they'll be up against one of the more popular Pyramid headliners. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Still don't see it - they'd surely be the smallest Other headliner in recent years/ever? No doubt they'd nail it as their live show is ace, but I can't imagine they'd pull the crowd. Sticking with them being JP headliners. 

It would be a bit but I wonder whether it's being done with them closing the Other rather than in the sub position because it fits better with acts elsewhere overall. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Ah man I thought I had loads of replies to my post then.

But aye, they seem on the dinky side but they love booking the electronic-type acts to headline the Other Stage so I think it could be a goer. Would love it too.

I listened to the song in your post if that's any consolation. Before today The Amazons and The Hunna were just bands I put in predictions to fill out space but now I've actually heard both of them and I'm not any better for it.