JUSTICE

Fladog

I can't get into the new one at all unfortunately.  I love the three tracks released prior to the album (Safe & Sound, Randy, and Alakazam) but felt a bit let down by the album in full.  That doesn't mean I won't give it more of a try!

I've got tickets to the Friday Brixton date, but that's so far away!!!  I always had them in my head for a JPT headline set, that or somewhere on WH.  JPT would just work so much more for them IMO, if FBS can play in there then they definitely can.

Funny thing is, I seldom listen to Justice's studio albums but their two live albums "Across The Universe" and "Access All Arenas" are fantastic. For me, they are best enjoyed "live", so to speak.

I can understand if someone listening to Cross, AVD, or Woman finds their sound a bit weak but go see them live and you get a completely different perspective.

Edit: fucking idiot, I wrote "Across the World, not Universe"

Edited by SPTFRE

11 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

Funny thing is, I seldom listen to Justice's studio albums but their two live albums "Across The World" and "Access All Arenas" are fantastic. For me, they are best enjoyed "live", so to speak.

I can understand if someone listening to Cross, AVD, or Woman finds their sound a bit weak but go see them live and you get a completely different perspective.

To be fair, I can vouch for this!

After they played Chibuku in Liverpool in 2007 we nearly got the beardy one (Xavier?) back to our house party.

Thought that they were absolutely amazing live but their DJ set was even better, especially when they dropped Three 6 Mafia mid set

I've just watched the YouTube of this bands song called stressed and I'm sorry but WTF is that all about... A load of kids smashing and kicking the fuck out of people and cars ect.... What sort of moral shit is that supposed to be teaching kids for fuck sake they banned franky goes to Hollywood...... I think this  video should be taken down... 

• Downvote 4

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I've just watched the YouTube of this bands song called stressed and I'm sorry but WTF is that all about... A load of kids smashing and kicking the fuck out of people and cars ect.... What sort of moral shit is that supposed to be teaching kids for fuck sake they banned franky goes to Hollywood...... I think this  video should be taken down... 

It was an homage to Le Haine and a comment on the ghettoization of the Paris suburbs, it was also directed by Romain Gavras who has an extensive history of making this type of music video. I am assuming the outrage on your behalf is faux at this stage.

• Upvote 3

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:30 AM, SPTFRE said:

Funny thing is, I seldom listen to Justice's studio albums but their two live albums "Across The World" and "Access All Arenas" are fantastic. For me, they are best enjoyed "live", so to speak.

This

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am going to give these a listen in the gym this afternoon. Where should I start?

I would just stick Cross on, or the A Cross The Universe live album, that's a good taste of their live show, although it has been dialled back a touch these days because their later stuff hasn't been quite as distorted and noisy.

Just now, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I would just stick Cross on, or the A Cross The Universe live album, that's a good taste of their live show, although it has been dialled back a touch these days because their later stuff hasn't been quite as distorted and noisy.

Cheers mate. I will stick the album on Deezer.

11 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

It was an homage to Le Haine and a comment on the ghettoization of the Paris suburbs, it was also directed by Romain Gavras who has an extensive history of making this type of music video. I am assuming the outrage on your behalf is faux at this stage.

I just think with the shit that is happening in the world there's no need for a video like that that's my point old son...