TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

:lol: house band for the whole of Scotland 

They played walking distance from me not that long ago. Was ok in a cheap ticket drunken Friday night kind of way.

Kyle Falconer then did a dj set at a local boozer after the gig. Had to be carried out half way through ( him not me ).

Ive always quite liked some of their tunes when they do the acoustic versions.

Don't know if anyone noticed on the email... "cabbage will kick things off on the MAIN STAGE" so we're going to be getting at least two stages... so who knows maybe some of the acts announced so far are second stage headliners and there's a fair few established names to come :D

IMG_8459.PNG

9 minutes ago, JoeRousey said:

Hi, I'll be 17 when this festival is on (turned 17 in January) and I know about the under 18 rule at TRNSMT. What do you think the security will be like? Think I'll be able to get in? 

Obviously this is a new fest so there's not really a precedent, but big city events like this do tend to be pretty tight on ID checking and all that. Best of luck, but it's certainly a risk.

6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Obviously this is a new fest so there's not really a precedent, but big city events like this do tend to be pretty tight on ID checking and all that. Best of luck, but it's certainly a risk.

Hopefully I can get hold of some ID they won't be too bothered

On 08/03/2017 at 10:30 AM, harryomatic said:

Noticed this in an email from TITP/TRNSMT - emphasising the fact that Radiohead are playing a full set. Guess we can expect a good 2 - 2.5 hours from them?

image.png

I'm still guessing b&s subbing Radiohead with nothing else added unless it's a relatively unknown opener.

id be happy with longer sets for the top 2 if that's how it pans out. 

On 3/5/2017 at 10:24 PM, JoeRousey said:

Hi, I'll be 17 when this festival is on (turned 17 in January) and I know about the under 18 rule at TRNSMT. What do you think the security will be like? Think I'll be able to get in? 

With them making a point of making it an over 18's event and wanting to avoid any TitP type unwanted press, I imagine they'll be pretty strict on the age thing, at least for this year. 

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

http://trnsmtfest.com/info?c=3

There's now a proper website, most interesting thing is the curfew times for each day

Friday: 14:00-23:55
Saturday: 12:30-23:00
Sunday: 12:30-23:00

The double-whammy of that and the 'full set' thing probably means the end of the road for hopes of a major sub for RH. But the Friday still looks easily the tastiest despite the lack of significant sub.

On 3/3/2017 at 1:32 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

house band for the whole of Scotland 

If you mean Glasgow and Dundee then aye. They can stay the fuck away from here :)

On 3/3/2017 at 6:21 PM, Lor1 said:

Utter utter horrific pish

True dat.

15 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

http://trnsmtfest.com/info?c=3

There's now a proper website, most interesting thing is the curfew times for each day

Friday: 14:00-23:55
Saturday: 12:30-23:00
Sunday: 12:30-23:00

That 11:55pm curfew on the Friday is going to cause chaos with transport. The majority of last trains from the city centre are between 11:30pm and 12am.

13 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

That 11:55pm curfew on the Friday is going to cause chaos with transport. The majority of last trains from the city centre are between 11:30pm and 12am.

Agreed. Also surprised at this. Why don't Radiohead just start earlier.

Still can't imagine how a band can still be playing outdoors in that location at 11.55pm. Could it be the tent that goes on until then and Radiohead off much earlier ?

11 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Agreed. Also surprised at this. Why don't Radiohead just start earlier.

Still can't imagine how a band can still be playing outdoors in that location at 11.55pm. Could it be the tent that goes on until then and Radiohead off much earlier ?

Hmm I don't think they'd want smaller venues open after the main stage or else it'll be rammed.

A thought could be that it might have something to do with the light. I remember they moved a festival appearance in Iceland last year because it would be light during their set so maybe in July they'd have an eye on playing two hours in the dark? Just a suggestion anyway. I've no idea how they'd work that with the council-set curfew times.

The smaller stages (tents) will finish earlier than the main stage, if only by 30 mins.  Most people are going to want to see the headline bands so nothing worse that a stage/tent for a few 1,000 with 200 at it.

I am surprised that they are saying the curfew times as per the license, as this is the time they need the site to be quiet for, would still think that the headliners will stop 15 mins before stated times and bars will close 30 mins before this.

Getting one late night finish is good and was always going to be the Friday as it's a pain to get anything up to midnight on a Sat or late on a Sun, and not a chance it would go beyond midnight, a good trade off for the locals with this.  Also for the local/Scottish guys you know how light it can be even up to 10~11pm in July.

I'm just looking forward to Kasabian as I've not yet managed to see them live yet.  Roll on the site plans getting released so we all know the size of the stages :)

ta, D