TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

21 hours ago, devilman said:

If the T back at Balado is true, with 18+ camping and a line up that suits then that would definitely be preferable to TRNSMT.

I did have a few doubts over the T to Balado claim. However had a chat with mate about it this morning. One of his mates, who I have met once, was quite high up at Tennents in marketing until late last year. He had gave us previous info about T including telling us about headliners from last years T before they were revealed, which I stuck on the board.

One of the things my mate said he was told was that T signed a 4 year contract with Strathallan when they moved there. Tying it into this lads claims, T did 2 festivals there, didn't do one this year and the site construction lad said it possibly wouldn't be back next year (year 4) which would then free them up to go back to Balado in 2019 as they would be out of contract.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall had a great weekend. At times I think the queues at the bar were pretty bad and I did feel I spent a lot of time waiting in queues for the toilets.  King tuts stage could have done with a bigger area. 

Never saw any trouble. Saw some young lad peeing into a bottle and was determined he was gonna throw it but luckily his friends took it off him. This wasn't even in the crowd was just on the grass near the food vans at main stage. 

6 hours ago, crowie said:

I did have a few doubts over the T to Balado claim. However had a chat with mate about it this morning. One of his mates, who I have met once, was quite high up at Tennents in marketing until late last year. He had gave us previous info about T including telling us about headliners from last years T before they were revealed, which I stuck on the board.

One of the things my mate said he was told was that T signed a 4 year contract with Strathallan when they moved there. Tying it into this lads claims, T did 2 festivals there, didn't do one this year and the site construction lad said it possibly wouldn't be back next year (year 4) which would then free them up to go back to Balado in 2019 as they would be out of contract.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The festival's running at a loss which I doubt would end with just a year's break. Factor in two years, the nostalgic element of Balado coming back and marketing it properly with better acts and I reckon they could sell it out.

1 hour ago, Louis1 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The festival's running at a loss which I doubt would end with just a year's break. Factor in two years, the nostalgic element of Balado coming back and marketing it properly with better acts and I reckon they could sell it out.

A return to Balado would guarantee an 85000 sell out crowd each day, It would be a marketing dream for DF and Tennents.    

Trnsmt could easily slot in the week occupied by Glasgow Summer Sessions, 

Hoping against hope that it gets to go back to Kinross,  I assume it all depends on the HSE, and if the landowners will have them back.

Edited by Colfaedee

Really enjoyed Sunday at TRNSMT.

Only criticisms I really have were the bars seemingly selling out of almost everything but lager by about 7pm, large queue for the female toilets at times and that's about it.

There's seemed to be some stage time slippage so an earlier start might be sensible in future yesrs. I wanted to see Superfood by the were over 30 minutes late so sacked them off as it was getting to close to Biffy. 

Found really good food with a little bit of effort.

iPlayer has 42 set's up...

Download get_iplayer V3.01 then

get_iplayer --prefs-add --modes=best

If you want the lot saved into a folder C:\Trnsmt...

get_iplayer --pid p04r9yt8 --pid-recursive --output c:\Trnsmt

If you want just one set saved (Biffy) into a folder C:\Trnsmt

get_iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p057wxnf/trnsmt-2017-biffy-clyro --output c:\Trnsmt

1 hour ago, Colfaedee said:

A return to Balado would guarantee an 85000 sell out crowd each day, It would be a marketing dream for DF and Tennents.    

Trnsmt could easily slot in the week occupied by Glasgow Summer Sessions, 

Hoping against hope that it gets to go back to Kinross,  I assume it all depends on the HSE, and if the landowners will have them back.

Don't think the landowners ever wanted them to leave! HSE seemed to be the stumbling block in the last few years at Balado. I remember Geoff Ellis made some comments about amount of hoops he had to jump through to get past HSE. We will see. This lad said it was a given it would be back and at Balado. Maybe he was just talking pish but constructing festival sites is his job so maybe not?

30 minutes ago, crowie said:

I remember Geoff Ellis made some comments about amount of hoops he had to jump through to get past HSE.

Geoff, and his pals, are the kings of bullshit. Numerous times have they claimed pre sale sell outs, crazy high tickets sales and mythical pipelines. Don't belive a word they say. They were failing at balado, ticket sales were plumeting. It was a bland site run with no inspiration, people were heading instead to the myriad of much more intersting, albeit smaller alternatives. Thier attempt to get interesting by moving to the new site site with a pretty castle failed because they expected to put the same minimal effort book big bands make no effort strategy in place. It was too difficult(expensive) so they gave up.

They applied the same strategy with TRNSMT, book big(ish) bands, make no effort with the site and count the money. They didn't even stump up for screens bigger than my neighbour TV for god sake. Unfortunately they found enough muppets to buy tickets so they'll be back again next year with the same shite.

Edited by stoopid_name

I was thinking something like this for the main stage next year

FRI: Arcade Fire, Chvrches, Haim, Jack Garratt, The Twilight Sad, The Horrors, Fatherson
SAT: Arctic Monkeys, Wolf Alice, Dizzee Rascal, Christine & the Queens, Jungle, Milburn, The Sherlocks
SUN: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, The Vaccines, Kodaline, Maggie Rogers, Nothing But Thieves, Peace

Going for a big full on prediction nice and early. Will be very pleased if half of these come off, even if they are in massively different positions by then, lots can change in a year. Also, I banked on King Tuts and Jack Rocks both being a little bit bigger in size of set up and in size of acts booked.

Friday

Main Stage:  Arcade Fire / Courteeners / Haim / Jack Garratt / Wiley / Declan McKenna

King Tuts: Fatherson / Marmozets / Kaleo / Mallory Knox / Draper / Mt Doubt / Allusondrugs

Jack Rocks: Pumarosa / Pronto Mana / Blaenavon / Electric Guest / Rascalton / Declan Welsh & the Decadent West

Saturday

Main Stage: Foo Fighters / Liam Gallagher / Chvrches / Wolf Alice / Christine & the Queens / Nothing But Thieves / The Amazons

King Tuts: Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Peace / Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5 / Frightened Rabbit playing Midnight Organ Fight in full (10 year anniversary) / Puppy / Mickey 9s / Soak / Model Aeroplanes

Jack Rocks: Indigo Velvet / We Were Promised Jetpacks / Black Foxxes / Hunter & the Bear / Nieves / Kwabs / Lowly / The Youth & Young

Sunday

Main Stage: The Killers / Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons / Kaiser Chiefs / Dizzee Rascal / The Horrors / Honeyblood

King Tuts: The Twilight Sad / Lonely The Brave / And So I Watch You From Afar / Prides / The Xcerts / Lawrence Taylor / Foreignfox

Jack Rocks: The Sherlocks / Lewis Capaldi / Sacred Paws / Moose Blood / Holy Esque / Saint Phnx / Huxtable

I would really like to see some little surprise sets like the Frightened Rabbit one I included to make things a little bit more unique. Would add something extra to the festival

Edited by harryomatic

Would Arcade Fire be a big ticket seller? Not so sure. I would be tempted if they did play though. Obvious choices will be Arctic Monkeys and The Killers. Noel might headline if they had a 'lad' day with Courteeners and the like. 

3 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Would Arcade Fire be a big ticket seller? Not so sure. I would be tempted if they did play though. Obvious choices will be Arctic Monkeys and The Killers. Noel might headline if they had a 'lad' day with Courteeners and the like. 

Not convinced myself, as much as I'd love it. Would need a very strong undercard. Killers, Arctics and KOL would suit that 'T, but in Glasgow' vibe.

Somebody else mentioned LCD Soundsystem. Not sure they'll ever play a festival in Scotland agin after 28 people watched them at T last year.

4 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I don't think they would be but equally if they get the two you mentioned I don't see them managing a huge third headliner and Arcade Fire appeal to a different crowd so keep up the idea that this appeals to a different crowd compared to TITP. I'd suggested Chvrches on before them and I could see that selling reasonably well with a decent undercard.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I don't think they would be but equally if they get the two you mentioned I don't see them managing a huge third headliner and Arcade Fire appeal to a different crowd so keep up the idea that this appeals to a different crowd compared to TITP. I'd suggested Chvrches on before them and I could see that selling reasonably well with a decent undercard.

Might well go for Florence though, after the criticism he has had this year over female artists. She wouldn't be particularly expensive. Would probably sell well, if they got the rest of the day right.

8 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Might well go for Florence though, after the criticism he has had this year over female artists. She wouldn't be particularly expensive. Would probably sell well, if they got the rest of the day right.

That's true, Florence is as good a shout as any. I suppose since the Radiohead day was the worst selling they may just go entirely with TITP style bookings rather than throwing in a few different things.

5 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

I saw Fatherson and Lonely The Brave support Mallory Knox, so don't think theyd be above them!

Fatherson have that Scottish band aspect going for them though - sold out the Barrowlands which I don't believe MK or LtB have done. Acts like Vukovi, Lafontaines, Gerry Cinnamon, Lewis Capaldi and Be Charlotte (all scottish) got great crowds this year, all examples of Scottish crowds turning up to support their local acts.

Had a fantastic weekend, particularity the Saturday. Thanks to the posters above for all the recommendations for the JR Stage managed to catch Superfood, Strange Bones and Black Honey. Had already planned on seeing Tijuana Bibles, Neon Waltz and The Blinders. 

As for next years line up would think you could take your pick from Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, The Killers, Foo Fighters given they have played some festivals this year and either have or will have new albums out by next year.