TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

33 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Was hoping that You Me at Six would have slotted in nicely to the TRNSMT line-up but was reading an interview which states they weren't approached for it :(

Yeah, I actually won tickets to their gig at the SECC last week, they said on stage they weren't asked to do any Scottish fests this year. But said they would be doing a 10 year anniversary tour for Take Off Your Colours in 2018

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belter of a line up on the King Tut's stage. Noticed last night that The Vegan Leather had dropped off the Electric Fields line up so this maybe explains why. 

Looks like that is the full line up on the Friday and Saturday for the King Tuts stage with possibly 3 spaces left on the Sunday. 

Edited by Cocky19

3 minutes ago, ncoll1 said:

How early can we expect stage times to be released? Would it be the day of the fest or maybe a few weeks before?? 

The website has this under the Key Timings section here

"Please note set timings are variable and subject to change right up until the day so will not be announced in advance of the festival weekend"

The main stage times won't be hard to roughly work out but it's anyone's guess what time the King Tut's stage will run.

On 2017-5-4 at 8:12 PM, kingcrawler said:

The website has this under the Key Timings section here

"Please note set timings are variable and subject to change right up until the day so will not be announced in advance of the festival weekend"

The main stage times won't be hard to roughly work out but it's anyone's guess what time the King Tut's stage will run.

Or in other words we'll be expecting you to pay a tenner for a programme and lanyard on the day 

• 2 weeks later...

have a look at ....

Premier Inn, Glasgow (Cambuslang/M74, J2A) hotel. 3.5 miles to the green and rooms available, only a bit more than normal prices

http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/scotland/strathclyde/glasgow/glasgow-cambuslangm74-j2a.html

Beyond that if you want cheaper then it's B&Bs, but again a lot of the city center ones are already full, looking at East End for decent access and good prices.

ta, D

On 2017-5-25 at 11:57 AM, ToffeePopcorn said:

Looking to go for the Saturday and Sunday but accommodation is just sooooo expensive, anyone got any tips at all?

In the same boat, if can't find any reasonably priced will have to ask some family if i can crash. Prefer a hotel though. 

On 25/05/2017 at 11:57 AM, ToffeePopcorn said:

Looking to go for the Saturday and Sunday but accommodation is just sooooo expensive, anyone got any tips at all?

It depends how much you want to be close to the city centre? There's two hotels out my way which have recently been refurbished to a  high standard and are right beside train stations. One is the Belmill in Bellshill which is about 15mins from the town centre on a train and about £20 in a taxi. The other is Angels Hotel in Uddingston which is about 10mins in a train from town and about £15 a taxi. Both hotels should still have normal rates 

cartoon map is out at last:
http://trnsmtfest.com/explore/cartoon-map

It's one big main stage that you could get the full 50k into, the King Tuts stage (not a tent) could hold quite a few thousands in that area.  Basically very similar to the Radio 1 Big Weekend layout (without the big tent near saltmarket side).

Some smaller areas (likely tents) that will have DJs and live music, think of them more like large pubs or the BBC/Introducing/cabaret tents from TitP.

4 weeks to go now. Tickets still available for all days. Looking forward to Kasabian as not managed to see 'em live before - just hope i get the time/chance to enjoy them....

ta, D

Doors open at 12.30 on Sat and Sun so do you think the first act will be on around 1? It says curfew is 11, do you think i will manage to make it back to queen street for the 11.30 train? or should i leave a bit before the end. 

Queen street better not be running buses this weekend. 

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I reckon it'll finish slightly before the curfew but either way maybe worth heading out around the last song or two, should still be able to hear it walking out anyway. Even though Queen Street isn't that far it'll take ages getting out given the crowds.

yeah, probably leave towards the last few songs or at least make my way to the exit to try get ahead of the crowd. 

Lewis Capldi announced as the final act for the Sunday and Clean Cut Kid moved from the Saturday to the Sunday. Pretty sure this was posted as the final announcements for the King Tut Stage. Can we expect anymore for the Main Stage and/or the JD Stage?

18953023_472782359728829_3447028523382929682_n.jpg