TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/03/2017 at 0:39 AM, Gruefyx said:

Does anyone have ay idea who would be likely to play on Friday? 

Who would you want to play?

Frightened Rabbit are playing in Dublin on the Saturday after finishing their US tour a month beforehand, I could see them playing on Friday, doesn't seem like there is space on any other day for them to fit in on the line up poster 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ncoll1 said:

Anyone know when we might get another announcement?

There's been no comment, but Cabbage and The View were the last announced on 3rd March so hopefully soon. Seems strange that they've left it this long after taking the tickets off early bird prices, surely anyone who hadn't purchased their ticket by then hasn't been swayed by the new website and no new acts?

Anyway, I'm only going for the Saturday so I've got all eyes on that... saw someone on an earlier page throw Courteeners name out as a potential sub for Kasabian, but surely Catfish fill that slot? They look as though they're sub-headlining Isle of Wight as well as just announcing three arena shows in Cardiff, Liverpool and Sheffield.

I'm not sure if there's been definitive confirmation of how many stages we're getting either. The email that said "Cabbage will kick things off on the main stage" implies there's at least two, but I don't know how big Glasgow Green is, perhaps it's just the two.

10 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

I'm not sure if there's been definitive confirmation of how many stages we're getting either. The email that said "Cabbage will kick things off on the main stage" implies there's at least two, but I don't know how big Glasgow Green is, perhaps it's just the two.

Radio 1's Big Weekend managed to squeeze in 3 stages - the Main Stage, a 8,000 capacity tent and a smaller 500 capacity new music tent. I imagine TRNSMT will follow a similar format but also wouldn't surprise me if DF scrimp on the cash and stick to just two stages.

1 hour ago, Stuart1000 said:

Radio 1's Big Weekend managed to squeeze in 3 stages - the Main Stage, a 8,000 capacity tent and a smaller 500 capacity new music tent. I imagine TRNSMT will follow a similar format but also wouldn't surprise me if DF scrimp on the cash and stick to just two stages.

Interesting, yeah perhaps they won't bother with an introducing tent and it'll just be the two. 

If you assume there's going to be 6-7 acts on each day we don't even have half the line up yet, I hope they don't leave us waiting too long!

First batch of bands for King Tuts stage announced:

Honne
The Lafontaines
Sundara Karma
Tom Grennan
Saint Motel
The Amazons
Clean Cut Kid
Declan McKenna
Fickle Friends
The Vryll Society

Big fan of Sundara Karma and like the sound of The Amazons but I'll need to listen to the others more.

Edited by Shootenanny!

18 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

There's been no comment, but Cabbage and The View were the last announced on 3rd March so hopefully soon. Seems strange that they've left it this long after taking the tickets off early bird prices, surely anyone who hadn't purchased their ticket by then hasn't been swayed by the new website and no new acts?

Anyway, I'm only going for the Saturday so I've got all eyes on that... saw someone on an earlier page throw Courteeners name out as a potential sub for Kasabian, but surely Catfish fill that slot? They look as though they're sub-headlining Isle of Wight as well as just announcing three arena shows in Cardiff, Liverpool and Sheffield.

They took off early bird prices and replaced them with early bird prices.  They made a big thing of it but never actually increased the prices.

I'm pretty sure Main Stage and that king tuts new band one is the lot.  

6 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

First batch of bands for King Tuts stage announced:

Honne
The Lafontaines
Sundara Karma
Tom Grennan
Saint Motel
The Amazons
Clean Cut Kid
Declan McKenna
Fickle Friends
The Vryll Society

Big fan of Sundara Karma and like the sound of The Amazons but I'll need to listen to the others more.

Go listen to Fickle Friends. Discovered them at Reading last year and they're dope (specifically, Brooklyn & Swim)

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

They took off early bird prices and replaced them with early bird prices.  They made a big thing of it but never actually increased the prices.

I'm pretty sure Main Stage and that king tuts new band one is the lot.  

Haha right, I never checked I just assumed that wouldn't have been the case! 

Well I'm happy with that, couple of decent bands for the Saturday at that King Tuts stage.

Ask and they will deliver! We need to discuss it again in a few weeks and maybe we'll get the rest :lol:Pretty happy with Sundara Karma and Fickle Friends for Saturday but gutted Amazons are on Sunday, if anyone's going I couldn't recommend them enough!  

IMG_8780.JPG

Edited by alexlloyd

With the additions on Saturday it looking the strongest day for me personally especially with the line up on the King Tuts stage. Will hold off deciding if I'll go the full weekend or just the Saturday till they announce more of the line up. 

On 02/04/2017 at 4:36 PM, bawheid said:

Is there gonna be a dance tent? A slam tent or even a smirnoff experience type tent like they had at gig on the green?

No dance tent as they want to get away from the TitP Calvin F Harris "put yur hands up in the air" crowd.

I thought that the site plans would have been out by now, don't know whats keeping 'em.... ;)

ta, D

New rage just announced! Jack Rocks/This Feeling featuring the Jack Rocks 7. Looks like these 7 bands are doing all the major festivals.

Broken Witt Rebels, The Wholls, Sundowners, White Room, Bang Bang Romero, Blinders and Trampolene.

There's always some good bands coming through these stages, nice to see confirmed we have at least three too!

19 hours ago, MinionDave said:

No dance tent as they want to get away from the TitP Calvin F Harris "put yur hands up in the air" crowd.

I thought that the site plans would have been out by now, don't know whats keeping 'em.... ;)

ta, D

Cocktail cocktail might be there.

Just now, Lor1 said:

Cocktail cocktail might be there.

yea it could be, but you'd need to be aff yur heid to pay £60 a day plus drink money to sit in a pub and listed to a DJ.

Could be that they have it, but playing a different style of music that fits in with the event.

ta, D

28 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Will be interesting to see if all 7 bands will perform on each day? I doubt they'll spread them across the weekend or they'll build a stage for it only to be used one of the days.

press release doesn't give any clue to when they're playing, which means they're utterly poitless as an attraction that might cause someone to buy tickets.

It's quite laughable really. 

31 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Will be interesting to see if all 7 bands will perform on each day? I doubt they'll spread them across the weekend or they'll build a stage for it only to be used one of the days.

I assumed these were the featured acts for the stage across each festival (playing R+L, Isle of Wight and Great Escape too) and then a full line up would be announced later?