TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SG87 said:

Bought a full weekend ticket mainly because I live in Glasgow and don't have to bother about transport and hotels.

Dont know if I'll make every day right enough. When you're camping at a festival obviously it's a lot different, but going home to my actual bed each night and then having to get up and go with a nasty hangover is gonna test me...

I live about 20 mins drive from Balado. I attended every T bar 1 year there and never camped. All I can say is that getting your own (warm and dry) bed at night, a decent nights sleep, getting a warm shower in the morning, fresh and dry clothes if needed, food that doesn't cost £8.40 for a sausage on a roll, use of a normal toilet etc saw me through some very nasty hangovers and attendance most days over that period. Its not very "rock n roll" but its practical as fvck! 

32 minutes ago, tori1607 said:

Is it safe to assume that Imagine Dragons playing on the Sunday was rubbish? I think if they were playing they'd have been released yesterday as they are probably a sub size. 

Well, The 1975 are technically down as 'Special Guests' so technically there isn't a sub on Sunday. Also, as Biffy is easily the weakest of the 3 headliners I could easily see them wanting to boost up that days lineup.

However, given that I don't think they are doing any festivals this year and are releasing a new album soon I doubt that they'll be the pick.

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Well, The 1975 are technically down as 'Special Guests' so technically there isn't a sub on Sunday. Also, as Biffy is easily the weakest of the 3 headliners I could easily see them wanting to boost up that days lineup.

However, given that I don't think they are doing any festivals this year and are releasing a new album soon I doubt that they'll be the pick.

Got a few dates in Europe around TRNSMT. Playing 3/4th in Italy so they will be around. 

2 hours ago, crowie said:

I live about 20 mins drive from Balado. I attended every T bar 1 year there and never camped. All I can say is that getting your own (warm and dry) bed at night, a decent nights sleep, getting a warm shower in the morning, fresh and dry clothes if needed, food that doesn't cost £8.40 for a sausage on a roll, use of a normal toilet etc saw me through some very nasty hangovers and attendance most days over that period. Its not very "rock n roll" but its practical as fvck! 

Sleep????

Heard this morning on Bowie @ Clyde1 (for those not in/from Glasgow, it's the biggy non-bbc radio station) will be giving away tickets for this, not sure if later today or tomorrow as i was driving at the time and missed that bit.

Looks like they are throwing a lot of local stuff around for this, been in local papers and the trucks driving around as well.  With it being announced quite late it'll need everything it can get but still likely to be a near-sellout by July.

Reckon i will get a Sat/Sun ticket and have to rely on catching last train back from Queen st or just crash at a friends in Glasgow. 

Checked Buchanan st Premier inn last week and it was £160 for F/S/S and now it's £390.

Edited by tori1607