dentalplan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Fair enough, their loss!

Nope, just their choice to make.

I'm having to explain to them that there's no point in me giving priority to something where there's absolutely no point in me doing so because they insist on me publishing after the point of giving something priority isn't there by their own doings.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, just their choice to make.

I'm having to explain to them that there's no point in me giving priority to something where there's absolutely no point in me doing so because they insist on me publishing after the point of giving something priority isn't there by their own doings.

what?

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I could tell you when the announcement is, tho that might upset some folks so I won't.

But I have just spurned the opportunity for an embargo'd press release for it, because I'm bored with silly games.

I take it it's not today then? I'm not buying tickets until I find out at least some of the acts

26 minutes ago, marky3 said:

what?

They offered me an embargo'd press release, with conditions attached.

They're aiming to get priority press while ensuring none of it can be priority press, because of those conditions.

So, I've pointed out it's pointless and the opposite of priority, and therefore the event will be treated as the not-priority thing that their muddle dictates.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

They offered me an embargo'd press release, with conditions attached.

They're aiming to get priority press while ensuring none of it can be priority press, because of those conditions.

So, I've pointed out it's pointless and the opposite of priority, and therefore the event will be treated as the not-priority thing that their muddle dictates.

Think this approach is going to backfire on them. Seem to be hoping that the hype will lead to ticket sales whereas the responses to their cryptic tweets are almost exclusively negative with most folk stating explicitly they'll not part with cash until the line up has announced. 

It might be the 'wee sister' of T in the Park but it is, for all intents and purposes, a new festival which doesn't have the necessary reputation to trade on as yet. 

7 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Think this approach is going to backfire on them. Seem to be hoping that the hype will lead to ticket sales whereas the responses to their cryptic tweets are almost exclusively negative with most folk stating explicitly they'll not part with cash until the line up has announced. 

It might be the 'wee sister' of T in the Park but it is, for all intents and purposes, a new festival which doesn't have the necessary reputation to trade on as yet. 

Exactly. We don't yet know what kind of lineup it will be. Will it be t minus the EDM, something like Connect or even something completely different.

Radiohead have long been touted but was the source of this rumour (DR) not the same source that got Liam Gallagher wrong.

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I doubt my attitudes will really backfire on them, but that's not the point of my stance anyway.

I'm just not getting into stupid and pointless (from my end) marketing bollocks that makes my already 14-hour days even longer.

4 minutes ago, calise said:

Just been on ticketmaster to try to find out prices of day tickets as opposed to weekend tickets. No prices as yet and says general sale is 3rd February.Surely they would announce bands before tickets went on general sale?

£65.45 for day, £114.95 for 2 days, £158.95 for all 3 days.

Didn't bother checking VIP.

8 minutes ago, tori1607 said:

Guessing we ain't getting lineup today but surely at least one headliner before general sale? Not a chance i am buying tickets blind. 

They can ram it if they think I'm buying tickets without knowing exactly who's there.

Mugs will probabbly hit us with Calvin Harris 

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I doubt my attitudes will really backfire on them, but that's not the point of my stance anyway.

I'm just not getting into stupid and pointless (from my end) marketing bollocks that makes my already 14-hour days even longer.

Aye I meant the marketing strategy as a whole rather than your situation, however making life unnecessary difficult for sites like this won't do them any favours. 

Those prices are decent though, unless the line up is dire I can see me going for the three days based on that. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Even if the other headliners aren't that great I'll probably end up going all three days too, don't have to pay for accommodation, decent prices and there will likely be enough to keep me interested.

Yeah I'm in same boat. Can't see me not going to festival that's on my door step unless dreadful lineup.

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Why? Nobody's forcing anyone to buy tickets.

i didn't say anyone was being forced. just think it seems totally out of tune with reality that you take a festival that alienated the things that made it good, move it to glasgow and then expect ticket sales based on a glitchy instagram video

sack all these daft gimmicks, announce the lineup and be judged on that

Edited by marky3