TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if U2 were playing then it would have been announced with the rest of their shows. They'd be having the event jump to their announcement wants, and not the other way around.

Yeah that makes more sense, if the rumors of Radiohead and the Killers doing Friday and Sunday are true then at least it means no Coldplay, maybe Ed Sheeran will end up playing the Saturday or will that attract too many T in the parkers?  The only other act about are the Kings of Leon.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I have my fingers crossed for this event. They need to get the line-up right to put off the TITP crowd. Anyone have any idea how much a 3 day non-camping music event typically charges for a weekend ticket?

£180 probably. £70 a day

44 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Wonder if it's better for DF to let the festival's announcement stew for a week before announcing act, or to just increase the attention by announcing names soon after.

That sounds about right.

Tho if they had kasabian, I could see that being announced tomorrow, to tie- in with R/L.

Has anyone suggested KoL? I know they have other UK dates around that time, so seem possible.

Hoping for Radiohead, would be great to see them twice in two weeks after waiting so long to see them.

Can definitely see KoL being one of the other headliners.

Surely not The Killers or Kasabian though? Both headlined T relatively recently and would represent DF simply treading water with the fest rather than making - at least an effort - to do something different. 

Having said that, given it's a 'new' festival in a new location perhaps playing it safe with Killers or Kasabian will make commercial sense to DF.

Is there any confirmation of how many stages there will be? Anyone seen any planning permission documents.  It will be interesting to see if they have a pop/dance music stage or if there will just be a stage for smaller acts.

My predictions for main headliners are:

Friday: Radiohead/Coldplay

Saturday: Foo Fighters/Kasabian/KoL

Sunday: the killers/Coldplay

Edited by mazza7