4 hours ago, Billjames7 said:

Alt J setlist at glastonbury with an encore of intro, left hand free and breezeblocks. Pretty solid set and sounded good on iPlayer although at times I felt the keyboard players mic was a bit loud. Getting excited to see them at boardmasters now!

IMG_1344.PNG

Yeah, loved the lighting display as well. Hopefully we get something similar at BM.

I'm not sure 3WW translated so well live. I think the lack of Ellie held it back a little. Deadcrush and In Cold Blood both sounded great though. I would have liked to see Adeline played but other than that great setlist. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/7/2017 at 10:33 PM, Billjames7 said:

Does anyone know what alcohol will be served at the bars this year? Or what has been sold in previous years?

I don't know but I would strongly suggest not buying it as festival alcohol prices are normally disgusting. Sneaking some in is always worth it imo. 

59 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I don't know but I would strongly suggest not buying it as festival alcohol prices are normally disgusting. Sneaking some in is always worth it imo. 

You're allowed to bring a 24 crate in (cans only) and they don't really care if you sneaks spirits in too. 

57 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

When are these stage splits going to come out? Never seen a festival leave it so late! 

This week bud. (Don't count me on that but it should be this week, if not then next week latest!)

On 10/07/2017 at 11:05 PM, jakecase said:

This week bud. (Don't count me on that but it should be this week, if not then next week latest!)

They've just put them up! Although some acts seem to have disappeared. I can't see Wild Beasts or A Blaze of Feather anywhere. 

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

They've just put them up! Although some acts seem to have disappeared. I can't see Wild Beasts or A Blaze of Feather anywhere. 

Wild Beasts are subbing Land of Saints stage on Saturday under Jake Bugg and ABOF are 3rd down on same stage on the Sunday! Is it usually the case that the headliners of the smaller stages start after the headliner of the main stage has finished? 

9 hours ago, Billjames7 said:

Wild Beasts are subbing Land of Saints stage on Saturday under Jake Bugg and ABOF are 3rd down on same stage on the Sunday! Is it usually the case that the headliners of the smaller stages start after the headliner of the main stage has finished? 

Yes! Been the case the 3 previous years I've been...

So we'll have:

(Friday) Andy C and Slaves clashing..... hard choice but I do have to go and see Slaves again, insane live!

(Saturday) Jake Bugg and Gorgon City clashing, another hard choice

(Sunday) DJ Shadow and Armand Van Helden, not too sure about Shadow headlining LoS, would've thought Sunset Sons would've been a perfect fit to headline the stage. Don't see them being a secret act two years running as well.

Was hoping for ABOF to be 3rd/4th on main stage... shame they're potentially clashing with Stormzy going into Alt-J as were really interested in seeing them.

23 hours ago, Billjames7 said:

Yeah, they managed to fix it 

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up guys, this is going to be my first year at Boardmasters and by the looks of it i'll be going alone since the people i was meant to be going with dropped out because it's too far to travel. Anybody else going alone this year or has done on previous years? 

hey guys can anyone of you lot who've been last year tell me what the searches are like? Interested in how intense the checks are going into the campsite, do they properly look through your bags for alcohol, pat down your body etc.? 

Edited by cariokek

First post on here but I've used the site quite a bit over the last few years and thought it was time to join!

I've been to Boardmasters the last two years and will be going again this year. Last year they went on a big revamp and expansion of the site which is happening again this year by the looks of things with even more stages and camping expanded and moved around.

Campsites are pretty standard for a festival - spread out over a few fields but always seem to have loads of space - just beware that its quite hilly! Would probably stay away from the campsite village and fairground but apart from that its not really that noisey. The moving around of camping areas and expansion means i can't really comment on the best place as the two locations I've used have moved!

Food/drink prices are pretty standard for a festival but remember this is located on the edge of a town. If you get the shuttle bus in to town or to watch the surfing (highly recommended) make use of the multiple bars/cafes and restaurants while your there. 

Hadn't noticed the change in quantity of alcohol you can bring in - last year was a ridiculously low 18 cans of cider OR 20 beers. Great that they've upped it but they are fairly strict - especially last year as i even had the one that i was drinking going through taken off me. They pat down all bags etc and i can imagine this year will be tighter. Remember as well that you can only take alcohol in on first entry and it can't be a mixture of drinks which is a very weird rule!

Fantastic festival this, especially its location - simply stunning if its nice weather!

Hi Guys! I've been to Boardmasters the last 2 years but only as a day ticket over the 3 days (I dont really do the camping thing) I fit Boardmasters into my Newquay holiday! I'll be going again this year will be there Friday night, saturday midday-night not sure if I'll bother with the Sunday yet, but I am happy to meet up with any other loners, let me know!

Price tier 3 tickets available on seetickets :   http://www.seetickets.com/rd/event/boardmasters-festival-2017-weekend-tickets/watergate-bay/1011877/?src=twittershare%3Fsrc%3Dfacebookshare

1x THURSDAY ARRIVAL [PRICE TIER 3] £167.00 E-Tickets (Print-at-home) Just 1 left.

Edited by RobinK

Friday:

Nathan Ball -> Cortes -> Will Joseph Cook -> John Buckley -> Honeyblood -> Kiko Bun -> Pulled Apart By Horses -> Newton Faulkner -> Lucy Rose -> Frank Turner and the SS -> The Flaming Lips -> Two Door Cinema Club

Saturday:

Palace -> Methyl Ethyl -> Her's -> Kate Nash -> Lower Than Atlantis -> The Vaccines -> Wild Beasts -> Jamiroquai -> Jake Bugg (maybe)

Sunday:

Ten Tonnes -> The Amazons -> Matt Maltese -> JP Cooper -> Ziggy Marley -> A Blaze Of Feather -> Stormzy -> Alt J

My schedule for the Weekend! I've had to compromise with the missus in some places. Only major clash for me is Jamiroquai and Jake Bugg. It's a shame they are having the Land of Saints headliners earlier as I'm not really into any of the music on after 11:15 on any day.

What's everyone else's schedule like? 

Friday:

Will Joseph Cook -> Honeyblood -> Frank Turner -> Jagwa Ma -> TDCC -> Andy C

Saturday:

Will Heard -> Loyle Carner -> Formation -> Jax Jones -> Hannah Wants -> Gorgon City

Sunday:

Ten Tonnes -> The Amazons -> Tom Grennan -> Fickle Friends -> Stormzy -> Alt J -> Hot Since 82

Main clash for me is Jake Bugg vs Hannah Wants but we have sided with the Mrs who is more into her dance music. Also Off Bloom vs Vaccines. Other than that, pretty happy with the schedules and left some gaps for wandering and finding new bands.

4 hours ago, Billjames7 said:

Just read the information page and it says no straight spirits allowed. How closely is this enforced? Most festivals I like to take vodka in water bottles do you think this would work at boardmasters? 

I've not been before but I'm planning to bring vodka in water bottles using a trick to make sure the bottle is still sealed. I don't think they'll let unsealed bottles in. 

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

I've not been before but I'm planning to bring vodka in water bottles using a trick to make sure the bottle is still sealed. I don't think they'll let unsealed bottles in. 

Previous two years I just brought vodka in the Tesco Flavored Sparkling Water bottles and stuck it along with packets of crisps, sausage rolls and other snacks and they didn't mind at all. Their main focus is confiscating drugs and making sure nothing dangerous gets allowed in, vodka isn't on the top of their minds :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard some very mixed reviews from the weekend. Firstly very sad news about the young lad who was ill at the festival and passed away today, thoughts are with his family. I've seen people accusing medical staff for being incompetent but obviously I don't want to cast judgement without knowing facts. I also heard about a some broken bones from a crush in unleashed which again is awful.

Thought I'd share my first boardmasters experience. Arrived 10.15 Thursday morning and queues weren't too bad - slow moving but didn't come to a stand still. Bag searches were thorough but quick and managed to get my vodka in (result!). Camped in pipeline next between a few friendly campers. The music was brilliant particular highlights were the amazons, alt J, the vaccines, will heard and fickle friends. Weather was spot on apart from a windy and foggy Friday night which I think was the reason for two door cinema clubs poor sound. The unleashed tent seemed to be rammed every night and lots of people off their heads so didn't spend too long here - also very annoying with the 'whomp there it is' (I think) chant during every song. On Sunday something seemed to kick off in Jaws. Saw a large circle of people and chairs and drinks being thrown around and lots of shouting which was disappointing as the Mrs felt a bit unsafe. The food was excellent I think my favourite was the mac and cheese! We packed up and got to the car 7.30 Monday morning and got straight out , I have also heard bad stories from people who left a little later with poor traffic management but luckily I missed this. 

Personally I had a brilliant weekend and the location was incredible especially with the sun out! I'd be interested to here other people's experiences of this years festival.

went this year Thursday to Sunday after alt j  as i heard someone saying they waited 4 hours to get out of the car park in 2016 and so glad i did as ive read news articles about how bad the traffic was getting out the car park this year. went last year on a day ticket and thought it was brilliant and wanted to go for the whole thing, so glad i did, a lot more to do here than at other fests e.g. Reading. Was really happy with the whole experience at the festival apart from the one entrance to the arena but there isn't much they can do about that with the camsite on the otherside of a road. Seems to be really well organized. Hope next year they book a few more better acts throughout the day but thats just my opinion, also i could have lived at the mac and cheese stand all weekend. Will most likely go next year.