Charity Bins 2017

nightcrawler13

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/16/2017 at 10:43 AM, Greenelk said:

Looks like 102 of the 100 bins now gone - Dan, are you extending this, or should it be sold out now?

Fantastic work yet again though Sir!

Every year we get a few more than the hundred, we say that they aren't guaranteed, but we always try to get them done anyway....

My girlfriend and I have decided to let it run for just a little bit longer this year before we put  a cap on it and we'll just get the extra work done in the evenings if we have to :) 

Thanks so much for everyone who has sponsored a bin! :D 

CARE International do amazing work around the world, people will live who would have died because of the money you have helped to raise :)

I've been asked to give a short speech about the Charity Bins this year, since I started the Charity Bins we've raised over £15,000 for CARE :D So if you have nothing going on at 16:00 on the Thursday of the festival then head over to Theatre & Circus and I should be on the Glebeland Stage saying a few things..... 

*Also, follow me on twitter or instagram to get your bin photos! :)

(T) @DanTasticGlasto
(I) @DanTasticGlastonbury

3 hours ago, nightcrawler13 said:

*Also, follow me on twitter or instagram to get your bin photos! :)

(T) @DanTasticGlasto
(I) @DanTasticGlastonbury

12 minutes ago, Davet84 said:

I sponsored one last month, how do we try find them? is it your twitter we need to follow?

Yes, see the above quote for details on Dan's Instagram and Twitter accounts.Last year he posted a pic of the bin and named which field it was in.

it was a laugh tracking down my bin last year, it was at williams green by a few of the food vendors in the end. went for a design with my kids names, my way of showing them im thinking of them even when im at glastonbury (eldest is 5 now and at age  where we have a few tears when she knows im off for a week(guilt trip time lol).....little does she know if we get lucky in 2019 both of them are coming as well for the first time! :)) 

similar design asked for this year already donated for mine, Its a great idea to raise a lot of money for an awesome charity

Edited by waterfalls212434

Found mine for the first time last year. Well I didn't I wasn't there and did one for my daughter. It was a great thrill when she text me a picture of it. I think it was in Williams Green and it was very muddy. This year I have gone for an Argentinian flag with a message in homage to Pablo Zabaleta, Hope I find it!!

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Anyone know when these fine people start notifying of locations? 

I think it might take longer this year with the extra bins for the Manchester appeal, looking forward to searching the site for mine x

On 16 May 2017 at 9:55 PM, McCor said:

How does one become a bin painter?? Would love to take part!

There's a form to fill in about September time (ish) pre ticket sales, you them get offered a place. I applied and didn't get a place (it's really hard as majority and repeaters and its a smallish team) . I was put on the reserve list and a few weeks ago had to say whether i could still do it ( I cant ) incase of any last minute drop outs 

you commit to painting for 3 weeks (ish) before rthe festival starts , unpaid obviously , you get meals whilst on site and painting 

I'll be applying again in 2 years time 

My mum got me a bin for my birthday - I love it!! Do they move around as they're emptied and replaced? 

(Sorry I blurred out my name. Working in a school esafety is etched on my mind at all times these days.)

So pleased. Great initial location too! 

IMG_5497.JPG

Edited by themuel

6 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Is there more still to be shown do we know? Can't seem to find mine :(

Still quite a few yet. If you look at the donations on the Just Giving page, he's working his way up from the bottom.

Edited by Gnomicide