2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

This sounds more promising. This is the opening track to Noel's new album. More of an instrumental than a song, but could work really well as an intro. Much more interesting than his single.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

:lol:  I was gonna post this a while ago but wasn't sure anyone would care for it. The album is pretty tight too.

Ahah I'm behind anything Alex Cameron touches after Forced Witness, only found out about it from this interview-type-thing (where it also transpires that he helped The Killers write some of their lyrics and Brandon Flowers is on Running Out Of Luck, new to me).

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Ahah I'm behind anything Alex Cameron touches after Forced Witness, only found out about it from this interview-type-thing (where it also transpires that he helped The Killers write some of their lyrics and Brandon Flowers is on Running Out Of Luck, new to me).

Oh what. I knew Flowers was on Runnin' Out of Luck but I didn't know that Al Cam was doing anything for The Killers. Just checked Wikipedia to see if it wasn't just Cameron taking the piss but there he is, credited on half of Wonderful Wonderful. Good on him, really is getting that money in the bank.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Oh what. I knew Flowers was on Runnin' Out of Luck but I didn't know that Al Cam was doing anything for The Killers. Just checked Wikipedia to see if it wasn't just Cameron taking the piss but there he is, credited on half of Wonderful Wonderful. Good on him, really is getting that money in the bank.

Aye. Comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke to me (when he's not in character obviously), every day I get closer to buying a deaf institute ticket. Although then I listen to Confidence Man (playing the day before) and I want a ticket to that. Can't do both, hoping 1 sells out to push me into getting tickets to the other. 

4 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Waiting on that new Big K.R.I.T. to drop, looks like it'll be tonight/tomorrow.

It's out there (leaked) I've not got round to it yet, like what I've heard so far though, Aux Cord is great.

It's here for the moment 

Edited by priest17
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Aye. Comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke to me (when he's not in character obviously), every day I get closer to buying a deaf institute ticket. Although then I listen to Confidence Man (playing the day before) and I want a ticket to that. Can't do both, hoping 1 sells out to push me into getting tickets to the other. 

Do both nerd!

So the new Fever Ray sound a lot more like The Knife than the first one did. It actually sounds a lot more like The Knife than Shaking The Habitual did. If you'd asked me before this if I'd want a new Fever Ray to return to a Knifeish sound I'd have said no, but I'm so glad that what she ended up doing, because this is lush af. 

2017, slow the fuck down. Still got bloody Bjork and Taylor Swift on the way.