GETOFFAMYLAWN

2017 New Music Thread

Reckon we should all agree never again to mention Morrissey tbh. His beheviour after the arena attack was disgusting. I don't take any pleasure from it as former big fan, but I'd really advise everybody to starve the racist c**t of any airtime or money.

Not going to get the chance to listen to too many new albums this weekend but listened to Phoebe Bridgers debut this morning which is great. Motion Sickness is one of ny favourite songs of the year so far. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Not going to get the chance to listen to too many new albums this weekend but listened to Phoebe Bridgers debut this morning which is great. Motion Sickness is one of ny favourite songs of the year so far. 

I'd never heard of her before but saw her album pop up on a leak site as I was scrolling through and really liked the album cover so just went ahead and downloaded it based purely off of that. Glad I did - really nice album. Hate to think of how many good bands/albums I've avoided because of their shitty names or covers :lol:

No love for the new Cut Copy album on here? It's a very solid 7/10. Not as good as Free Your Mind but that was shocked full of 303 baselines and screaming pianos so always going to be more to my liking. 

The new one is full of lovely melodies and more natural sounding beats.  

6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Wow, that track is just lovely. I'm definitely going to listen to the album next week. 

The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die's new album is excellent for those of you in to the grander/more indie side of emo. This whole emo revival thing has produced some fantastic bands/albums the past few years.

Edited by FloorFiller

Gary Numan- Savage, a brilliant new album. I love everything about this album, especially this track. Get him booked for 2019!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

So Noel's new album seems like a pretty big change in sound for him

I was really impressed when I first heard it, sounded so chaotic and mental, weirdly Death Grips inspired, a massive crazy step for Noel. Turns out I had it playing at different times on 2 different tabs. Still, sounds relatively (relative to how the last couple of albums have been pretty boring at times) interesting, that song he did with the chemical brothers is one of my favorite performances by him so if he can channel that might be on to a winner.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Couldn't find a more appropriate thread but RIP Wild Beasts

"Wild Beasts is coming to an end.... for three years until the reunion cash in."

44 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Couldn't find a more appropriate thread but RIP Wild Beasts

wow really sad about that. They've never put a foot wrong to my ears

Ah man that sucks about Wild Beasts. Their latest wasn't the best but everything before that had been stellar and they hold a special place for me in introducing me to more weird offbeat music with their debut. 

This is awful. What a stupid thing to write a song about, it's all well over the top and frankly a bit of an insult to music as a whole.

I love it. 

On 9/23/2017 at 9:27 AM, kingcrawler said:

I heard this on Radio 6 last week and have been trying to remember what it was called for days. Thanks.

Despite them splitting up we have new Wild Beasts already!

Also listened to that Fountaineers album you suggested @dentalplan, very good stuff, definitely one I'll be coming back too over the next few months.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Despite them splitting up we have new Wild Beasts already!

Also listened to that Fountaineers album you suggested @dentalplan, very good stuff, definitely one I'll be coming back too over the next few months.

Willing to take this split on face value and enjoy the 'hurrah' regardless of whether it will be there last one or otherwise.

I like the track.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Good man. Was worried my recommendation had floated off into the air! The track in the middle that sounded like Noah and the Whale had me annoyed until it dawned on me that they NATW have actually just been a poppy National. Makes u think.

Just been listening to this throughout the morning. Pretty sweet tune from yer man Wally B and SVE.

54 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Willing to take this split on face value and enjoy the 'hurrah' regardless of whether it will be there last one or otherwise.

I like the track.

Interview in NME asks them if they'll ever reform and they seem pretty adamant they won't. Suppose that's always the case with band splits but unlike a lot of others I doubt any big money offers will be heading their way to convince them otherwise. Tempted by the Manchester date, especially in the hope that they'd play some more stuff from the first album that I never got to see live.