2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

19 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Foxygen's new album is out there. only now seeing it's only eight tracks and not five thousand like their last album which is a good sign. please be good!

Yeah I'm gonna be bumming this thing out. Baroque as heck. Love 'Avalon', even if it is literally just Waterloo by Abba.

50 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

The Orwells - from near Chicago. I haven't been into their previous stuff, but I've myself humming this one more than usual in the new year. new album out next month, US tour ends June 7, you never know what they might be doing later on in the month...

Not really keen on it personally. It's not bad as such but doesn't leave any real impression either. Much prefer their previous stuff; their album was okay but I blasted their initial EP's for months.

Seemed like they were gonna hit it big at one point but instead just sorta fell off the map. Tho I suppose that might have to do with their reckless behaviour crossing that fine line from being exciting and energetic to just being jerks. :lol:

14 hours ago, tevaburger said:

The Orwells - from near Chicago. I haven't been into their previous stuff, but I've myself humming this one more than usual in the new year. new album out next month, US tour ends June 7, you never know what they might be doing later on in the month...

Reminds me of Murder Incorporated by The Boss. 

On 1/6/2017 at 0:19 PM, FloorFiller said:

very stoked for this new Dirty Projectors album - thought Keep Your Name was fantastic and this follows suit

Loved Bitte Orca, and thought they were fantastic up at the Park that year (although I was a bit...erm...hazy at the time). The previous record passed me by, but I might have to go back for it if this new one is good.

On 06/01/2017 at 10:05 AM, mjsell said:

Just listening to Sundara Karma's album now and so far so good I would say.

On 06/01/2017 at 10:25 AM, mjsell said:

Didnt realise they (and the songs on this album) have been about for ages without actually releasing this album. Confused the hell out of me when I kept hearing songs that I sort of knew already (without being about to name it as theirs).

Good album though, I like it - and as the independent said they are filling a nice little maccabees type hole for me.

Yeah quite enjoyed this Sundara Karma record. Only really checked it out as I had barely had any new albums to listen to - expecting yer average School of Foals/Maccabees act - but found quite a bit more to this. Some Arcade Fire/80's Bruce vibes going on. I'm sure they'll be at Glastonbury so wouldn't mind checking them out.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah quite enjoyed this Sundara Karma record. Only really checked it out as I had barely had any new albums to listen to - expecting yer average School of Foals/Maccabees act - but found quite a bit more to this. Some Arcade Fire/80's Bruce vibes going on. I'm sure they'll be at Glastonbury so wouldn't mind checking them out.

Found myself absent-mindedly singing Flame quite a lot over the last few days, not listened to their album yet but will need to give it a go.

I thought the Sundara Karma album was alright without standing out much, doubt I'll go back to it too much but would see them at Glastonbury if they don't clash with anyone. I've also been enjoying the Tracey Chattaway album Secret Garden, don't really know much about her but it's a nice album, some ambient/post-rock influence in there but it's all mainly instrumental piano led music.

10 hours ago, zero000 said:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/01/arcade-fire-have-finished-recording-their-new-album-massive-tour-in-the-works/

Arcade Fire album has been recorded and is being edited and mixed currently. Fingers crossed for a release before Primavera in the summer!

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

New QOTSA confirmed to be out by the end of the year: http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/01/queens-of-the-stone-age-to-unleash-new-album-in-2017/

What a time to be alive. Really excited for this record. Like Clockwork was easily the best thing they've done since SFTD.

Zero000 you bring the best news.... cheered me right up!