2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd love to be mates with Grimes IRL, but not LDR tho, I imagine she'd be very trying.

This. 

Grimes is pretty much as infallible as a pop star can be IMHO. I’ve got zilch against LDR from the little I know of her, but she seems to be more doing the ‘pop star as persona’ (or is it the other way round?) thing - nothing wrong with that - as opposed to CB, who just seems genuinely naturally fucking awesome. 

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd love to be mates with Grimes IRL, but not LDR tho, I imagine she'd be very trying.

I mean, they seem completely different lifestyles. Lizzy would be all soirées and cocktails while Claire would be all MMORPG’s and bubble tea. Either would be trying - I don’t know how anyone has friends.

11 minutes ago, Woffy said:

This. 

Grimes is pretty much as infallible as a pop star can be IMHO. I’ve got zilch against LDR from the little I know of her, but she seems to be more doing the ‘pop star as persona’ (or is it the other way round?) thing - nothing wrong with that - as opposed to CB, who just seems genuinely naturally fucking awesome. 

Been a while since you posted , did I summon you by eating three and a half naans with my tea this evening? (the little ones, obviously, I'm not a complete monster)

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Been a while since you posted , did I summon you by eating three and a half naans with my tea this evening? (the little ones, obviously, I'm not a complete monster)

Perhaps!

Although what I really need to talk to you about is Moana. You were right. It’s fabulous and I’m obsessed, maybe more than Mini-Woffy. 

Edited by Woffy

3 hours ago, Woffy said:

Perhaps!

Although what I really need to talk to you about is Moana. You were right. It’s fabulous and I’m obsessed, maybe more than Mini-Woffy. 

Aha then it may have been the combination of the naan and the fact I bought Moana on blu-ray on Friday and was watching it last night whilst I was cooking the curry to go with said naan!

Moana soundtrack is lit af, one of Disney's best ever. Now that you're sold on the excellence of Lin Manuel Miranda, your next stop is Hamilton

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Off to see that in a fortnight.  A bit torn as to whether to listen to the album in advance or not.

And yeah, I would, musicals are more enjoyable when you know the music ahead of time, yeah? It's that science ting where your brain likes music more when it knows it... or something.

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

And yeah, I would, musicals are more enjoyable when you know the music ahead of time, yeah? It's that science ting where your brain likes music more when it knows it... or something.

That's the case to do it.....but the case against is the plot spoilers (regarding the life of a bloke who died 200 years ago).

On 25/11/2017 at 11:16 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Three and a half naans, Amy? You're insane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 26/11/2017 at 9:23 AM, Woffy said:

Perhaps!

For the past few days I've had an earworm of You're Welcome that morphs into Dancing In The Moonlight halfway through.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

Towers of London are back! Worried that their very presence and music is completely irrelevant these days, they've also released their video in 4:3 so we can watch it on our old TVs that we threw away around the time anyone gave a shit about Towers Of London.

Saw this played during the ad-break of Sunday Brunch yesterday and was laughing my head off.

On 26/11/2017 at 1:53 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Aha then it may have been the combination of the naan and the fact I bought Moana on blu-ray on Friday and was watching it last night whilst I was cooking the curry to go with said naan!

Moana soundtrack is lit af, one of Disney's best ever. Now that you're sold on the excellence of Lin Manuel Miranda, your next stop is Hamilton

Weirdly I was already aware of Hamilton & L-MM...and that goofy wedding video of his on YouTube, but didn’t realise he’d done the Moana songs until, like an aging nerd, I was watching the Making of Moana and saw him waving his hands around conducting The Rock. 

Watched it again tonight with Wee Woffy. 

That closing sequence of Moana v Taka...becoming Te Fiti. Holy naanbread...

52 minutes ago, edwardjc14 said:

When do we start putting our end of year lists together?, Can't be many more new releases to go now :ph34r:

I'll go first then:

10. Superfood - Bambino

9. The Horrors - V

8. Lorde - Melodrama

7. Black Grape - Pop Voodoo

6. Kendrick Lamar - Damn

5. Noel Gallagher - Who Built The Moon? (I'm as shocked about this as anyone, but it's really good!)

4. LCD Soundsystem - American Dream

3. Idles - Brutalism

2. Wolf Alice - Visions of a Life

1. The National - Sleep Well Beast