2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

Other than the new Arcade Fire, I've given the remastered version of Radiator a few shots (cannot hear much difference tbh). Also been on the lead singer from Death Cab for Cuties version of Bandwagonesque which popped up on my Apple Music today. Not particularly new I suppose, but there you go.

• Downvote 1

New Manchester Orchestra album is really rather good. Never listened to them before, will be on play again this week.

Rex Brown's first solo effort is....ok.  Got that southern groove to it that you'd expect from Pantera, but nowhere near as heavy.  Listenable but just a bit dull.

New Allergies album next... 

New Allergies album is more of the same, which works for me because the same is damn fine! Nothing groundbreaking from their first effort, but it's good listening.

And how on earth have I made it through the last 5 years or so without coming across Warm Digits until now?  Wireless World is cracking, suspect I'll be catching them in Brighton in a few weeks.

New Lana Del Ray still doesn't quite click with me.  It sounds good, but just blends into itself a bit.  More listening needed, but it's not pulling me back for another go.

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I really didn't get on with the Manchester Orchestra album and to be honest I'm very disappointed in all of you that liked it ;)

Join the lengthy and ever growing queue of people who want to let me know of their disppointment in me Stu.  My mum's got first dibs and it stretches out from there.

• Upvote 1

ok so, first post in this thread....and I'm going to mention an album from last year :| (yes, yes I know!!)

Pictish Trail - Future Echoes

Seen him live probably more times than is sensible - :) - and of course caught him at Glastonbury this year too (which was a cracking set!), anyway, if you haven't already, check it out

Next post I will do my best to mention an album from this year.....I promise!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well this is a nice surprise - new Destroyer album ken coming out in October. Wasn't expecting another one so soon after Poison Season.

Touring here in December too, I'm still holding out for a Bristol date.

‘However,’ said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly, so that none of them could miss a word, ‘you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.’

By which I mean the new Cribs album is out there. Follow the spiders.

ITBOTBB>Men's Needs>The New Fellas>Ignore The Ignorant>For All My Sisters>The Cribs, is how I'd call it so far, but they're all great albums. I wonder where the new one will sit. The only other two bands I can think of that have gone over 6 albums without ever making a dud are R.E.M. and Sleater-Kinney.

16 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

‘However,’ said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly, so that none of them could miss a word, ‘you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.’

ITBOTBB>Men's Needs>The New Fellas>Ignore The Ignorant>For All My Sisters>The Cribs, is how I'd call it so far, but they're all great albums. I wonder where the new one will sit. The only other two bands I can think of that have gone over 6 albums without ever making a dud are R.E.M. and Sleater-Kinney.

I'd swap sisters and ignorant but that's just me. You're right in every other aspect, do I download the leak or just suck it up and wait for Friday Spotify? It's tough. 

Ps, reading Marr's autobiography currently so if that albums covered I might change my mind.

I did actually switch Ignorant and Sisters around quite a lot before settling there. Both great records, but I think Ignorant has more of a unique sound in terms of The Cribs' oeuvre, and I think it was a much bolder change of direction for them at the time, whereas sisters was pure comfort zone.

40 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

ITBOTBB>Men's Needs>The New Fellas>Ignore The Ignorant>For All My Sisters>The Cribs, is how I'd call it so far, but they're all great albums. I wonder where the new one will sit. 

If you think those are all great albums, then the new one will probably be great as well.

9 hours ago, priest17 said:

New Horrors track is a banger, expecting it to lose some fans though as they seem to with each album. Only heard it on Spotify so dunno how to link it here.

Is that Machine? Listened to it the other day and really liked it. Certainly a bit of a heavier sound for them.

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Los Campesinos! are on precisely 6