2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

can't seem to link this without it being via NME so sorry about that, new Black Grape sounds great though, I'd love to see them there http://www.nme.com/news/music/black-grape-new-album-pop-voodoo-everthing-you-know-wrong-shaun-ryder-interview-2065883

Headlining the Glade up against Radiohead would be the dream.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Don't like that at all. Seems spectacularly lazy. Like they've ripped four seconds out of a generic funk beat and pinned Shaun Ryder quotes from an unaired 8 Out of 10 Cats episode onto it.

Kind of my opinion. Like the chorus and like the beat. Rest is twaddle though.

All my fave bands have recently developed a habbit of bringing out shit 1st singles but then pretty good albums. Hopefully this is in the same vein.

wow, wow, wow. What a day. Sun's out and a shit ton of music is as well.

Haven't given it a listen yet, but check ouit Clean Cut Kid's new album that's out today (called 'Felt'). Really great guys, and have got a few belters that i assume are on the album.

• Dead impressed with the new Slowdive
  • Call The Police was far better than American Dream imo
  • New Grizzly Bear is gorgeous - can't wait for this record

Mac, Pond and Forest Swords this afternoon. What a day!

The A Blaze of Feather EP is a really brilliant piece of work - very atmospheric and impressively produced.

Sigrid's debut EP is a bit of fun too - Lorde-esque in parts.

Both new LCD tracks were good but yet to blow my socks off - perhaps I've set my own bar for them too high having been away for so long.

Afternoon listening will consist of new Slowdive, and a brave attempt at trying to get my head round all things Kasabian... we can live in hope.

Well after said afternoon listening I have two conclusions from today:

1) Kasabian's record (aside from maybe Ill Ray and AYLFA?) does absolutely nothing for me. Very safe, and very much stuck in first gear throughout.

2) On the contrary, Slowdive's new record is exceptional from start to finish.

First listen, i didn't like the mac demarco, some horrible synths in there, but repeated listenings have opened it up to me. There's also a really nice kcrw set of him playing a few songs from it.