2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

Instead of tackling the whole thing, I've just been listening to the last song on Father John's new one over and over...It's nice.

Pretty different to the 'bedding Taylor Swift every night inside the Oculus Rift' one anyway...haha, I can't believe he released that, I guess its probably been good promotion anyway. 

I'm imagining someone listening to this album in 60 years and needing a glossary and footnotes (or the 2080 equivalent) to make sense of it.

Edited by Chawk

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

same as before, can you nice peeps offer up some vids of new-ish acts with new-ish songs who are confirmed for one or more festivals in the UK this year...?

Thanks in advance. :)

Fazerdaze, playing The Great Escape, Live at Leeds, Handmade and Sounds from the Other City.

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

same as before, can you nice peeps offer up some vids of new-ish acts with new-ish songs who are confirmed for one or more festivals in the UK this year...?

Thanks in advance. :)

Elles Bailey and her band (Bristol-based blues singer) is doing the Buckle and Boots Festival in Stockport over the Glasto weekend, and also Lakefest near Hereford in August. Have seen her live and she's astonishing!

Edited by JanieM28

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Got round to the new Soulwax album today.  Well that was a damp squib and a half!  If that's where they're at right now, I'm not going to make much of an effort to see them.

I thought it was alright, but either way way its 10x better live, just like their older stuff. 

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

Yup, I think I read somewhere they're on the whole album. Not sure. 

Also totally just remembered its actually her second record. Oh well. 

That's cool. I suppose someone else will have to learn the songs though as TBM seem very busy. And yeah I had a little look on my iTunes because I was sure she'd done a full album. :P Definitely looks to have turned in a new direction on this one though - sounding good.

probably too small to make any real effect on festivals this year, great tune though, all the best of britpop and modern stuff

again probably too small but this songs a great ear worm, likely to be at This Feeling tents at festivals

bit heavier but amazing all the same, confirmed for a couple of festivals and likely to be dragged up by cabbage as time goes on.

Might be worth coming back to these next year ahah.