2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

8 minutes ago, horsepower said:

New drenge album confirmed for next year, loved undertow 

Yes, horsepower, the true thread. You know.

Julia Holter got a live session album coming next year http://diymag.com/2016/12/16/julia-holter-is-releasing-a-new-live-studio-album-in-march , I've gone off her since Green Man this year, she left the stage when it begun raining because the instruments were getting wet...

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yes, horsepower, the true thread. You know.

Julia Holter got a live session album coming next year http://diymag.com/2016/12/16/julia-holter-is-releasing-a-new-live-studio-album-in-march , I've gone off her since Green Man this year, she left the stage when it begun raining because the instruments were getting wet...

I don't think think I've ever left a gig as early as her at Shepherd's Bush a few months back. It wasn't the 20 minutes of cello drone that was boring, but the lifeless renditions of everything else.

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Is Wow going to be on this, do we know? Great song, I wasn't particularly a fan of Morning Phase so this is the type of direction I want to hear him going in.

fairly sure it was originally supposed to so unless he's had a change of heart i imagine it'll be on there

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Oooh yes! More than a stirring! Thats a full blender.

More importantly she looks great. Thought she was going to do a Winehouse a few years back. 

Thats a fucking badass sounding version of Sleep to Dream by the way. 

Edited by The Nal

Looking forward to new Brand New, RTJ, At The Drive In, JM&C, Arcade Fire and Code Orange off the top of my head. Know Turnover are in the studio so would love more of their stuff and would love more Title Fight. Would appreciate for some of my lame emo and/or pop punk bands bring out some stuff (already hyped for new Gnarwolves tbh). Would get excited for Ride but I lack faith and whatever happened to that Slowdive album. Didn't they say they finished working on it in August? Doing a few shows next year so I hope they bring it out soonish

Edited by justanothername
  • Upvote 1

Just thought of another album I'm excited about in 2017 - Sylvan Esso's.

Have been listening to their debut again the last couple of days - it really is a cracker of a electro pop record.

And based on the recentish single release I'm hoping the new album will be up there with the first

4 minutes ago, Bradders said:

This one's even better.

https://youtu.be/GYeGMw21fgM

Yeah can't argue. Just thought I'd put the more played one.

Am just listening to their Spotify session now for the first time - they come across as really down to earth and funny guys. Will be added them to my gig list when they next tour.

JAZZ ALERT

You like Kamasi Washington? Miles Mosley, played the upright bass in Kamasi's band The Next Step for their WH set this year + all other dates, part of the same collective, has an album out in January. He played Abraham at the Kamasi show I saw in Manchester in June, v good jam, there's another track to preview here as well. Sounding like really good stuff, if you liked The Epic, this was recorded by the same people in the same sessions.

https://worldgalaxyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/uprising

On 12/23/2016 at 9:29 AM, Tommy101 said:

I agree, their last UK dates were a bit pricey for me so would love to see them at a festival again. 

They're significantly cheaper than 99% of other arena acts, I think Trent insists on keeping prices down. The Manchester show was well worth the £35.