2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

What new music are you looking forward to listening to as civilsation as we know it crumbles to dust? I can see myself picking up the new LCD Soundsystem when the mass-looting starts, I've already pre-ordered the new Los Campesinos!, so I can have that on my headphones as a protect my property and family with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire. Would a new Taylor Swift album provide adequate protection from the nuclear fallout?

Discuss 2017 releases in here.

But don't go anywhere near my bunker, I'll put your fucking eyes out pal.

• Upvote 2

Probably most looking forward to London Grammar's tbh. And like others have said the XX, AF and LCD should all make it a tolerable year hopefully. There's probably tons of people that I don't realise are recording and so will be a pleasant surprise when they come out (whoever they are)

Look out for Declan Mckenna's debut (should be Feb I have been told), as well as Clean Cut Kid's which should be a belter. 

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Would be great to finally hear Beck's new record, it seems like he's breaking away from the Sea Change-lite sound to go for full on, balls to the wall Midnite Vultures vibe. Plus Dreams and Wow are both bangers.

christ i'd pretty much forgotten that was due. wonder what the hold up is - was supposed to be out in October

Arcade Fire, Nine Inch Nails, The National, Run the Jewels, LCD Soundsystem, The xx, The War on Drugs, Los Campesinos!, Brand New (pretty much just copying everybody else's lists as they seem to have it covered) and of course whatever Kanye ends up releasing (guess it was silly to actually expect two more albums in 2016 like originally promised)

3 hours ago, captainmuscles said:

The Big Moon are releasing their first album in April, I discovered them at Glastonbury in Williams Green and have seen them on tour since. Quality girl band.

Love these, great live and seem like genuinely good people, but I'm less excited for the album after seeing the tracklist as half the albums basically released already. Hopefully there's a few more songs that aren't a guitar playing a bit of singing and then it all kicking off as well. Not to put a downer on them, I'll still listen on release and go and see them in Manchester!