Phoenix?

ryan.wills

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remembered they kept playing Entertainment over the Pyramid PA between acts and it took me until the last day to figure out/remember it was Phoenix. Remember thinking it was a bit shit when it was released but totally changed my mind now - what a banger. Will have to give that album another listen (and the new album a listen at all).

19 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Absolutely loved it but do you think we got a shortened set due to the late start? Set list and stage setup were great and was great to see the lead singer up close when he entered the crowd.

They only played about an hour didn't they? So yeah I think it some stuff was probably chopped & changed 

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

They only played about an hour didn't they? So yeah I think it some stuff was probably chopped & changed 

Disappointing when the Foos apparently overran while on at the same time. Maybe due to position of tent. Still, great gig with amazing crowd. Bring on London gig.

3 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Disappointing when the Foos apparently overran while on at the same time. Maybe due to position of tent. Still, great gig with amazing crowd. Bring on London gig.

Even with the overrun Foos would've only finished slightly later than Phoenix. Remember seeing the fireworks for their closing song as I was leaving the JP.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Even with the overrun Foos would've only finished slightly later than Phoenix. Remember seeing the fireworks for their closing song as I was leaving the JP.

Actually good point, think I may have heard Everlong on walk back.

On 25 June 2017 at 2:09 PM, kingcrawler said:

Yeah this set was really fun, similar to M83 last year in that it wasn't mobbed but everyone there had a great time. John Peel tent was definitely the place to be on Saturday night this year.

M83 in 2016....ahh the best set by far.

This was my #1 must see. Probably got to see about 30mins of the set before I had to leave to meet friends. My biggest regret is leaving. I am still so sad that they had a delayed start because I would have seen 90% of the set if they started on time. 

Everything I saw was absolutely amazing. I hope I get the chance to see them somewhere else some time soon. 

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Anyone going to the gig at Alexandra Palace on Saturday? Can't wait.

Anyone with local knowledge suggest where is good in the area to go for some drinks before hand given there are quite a number of train / underground stations nearby?

You've got a couple pubs/watering holes by Wood Green tube including The Goose, The Spouters Corner (Wetherspoons) and Green Rooms - a hotel with a bar in the lobby. Green Rooms has a nice vibe, but the other two are pretty standard pubs.

Opposite Alexandra Palace (National Rail station) you've got The Starting Gate which is quite popular with people before shows.

My recommendation, even though it's a bit further out, is The Faltering Fullback by Finsbury Park station. Lovely pub with a multi-level beer garden out back. It's a short bus ride from there on the W3 to right outside the entrance to Ally Pally.

image.png.e87753a844776579da66e306f799389d.png

4 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

You've got a couple pubs/watering holes by Wood Green tube including The Goose, The Spouters Corner (Wetherspoons) and Green Rooms - a hotel with a bar in the lobby. Green Rooms has a nice vibe, but the other two are pretty standard pubs.

Opposite Alexandra Palace (National Rail station) you've got The Starting Gate which is quite popular with people before shows.

My recommendation, even though it's a bit further out, is The Faltering Fullback by Finsbury Park station. Lovely pub with a multi-level beer garden out back. It's a short bus ride from there on the W3 to right outside the entrance to Ally Pally.

image.png.e87753a844776579da66e306f799389d.png

Thanks, I'll check that out.