Phoenix?

ryan.wills

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that might be appropriate, but West Holts isn't just 'a bigger stage', it's a stage where its music is 'themed' - and I'd say that Phoenix don't fit that theme.

Agree - you don't get too many straight-up indie bands playing WH, for good reason as well. Plenty of other stages they'd be a better fit.

I would like them to headline the JP again if they played, it was perfect last time. Does anyone know if any act has headlined that stage twice? I can't think of any, but I'm sure my knowledge doesn't go back as far as some.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Agree - you don't get too many straight-up indie bands playing WH, for good reason as well. Plenty of other stages they'd be a better fit.

I would like them to headline the JP again if they played, it was perfect last time. Does anyone know if any act has headlined that stage twice? I can't think of any, but I'm sure my knowledge doesn't go back as far as some.

They're not quite a straight up indie band, they do have some electro leanings that might qualify them, but after listening to their last album yesterday, I agree - they're not a W Holts band.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

it's definitely not happened in recent years and i can't imagine it'll happen again for Phoenix. they fit so nicely mid/high on Other that there's no need to have them headlining the JP again really - perfect daytime summer-y music

• 3 months later...
50 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

First UK date on sale Ally Pally - September 30 - https://london.wearephoenix.com

They play in Spain on June 29, so hoping they crop up this year - sunset slot on Other hopefully.

Good spot! Did they announce this, or has it just gone on sale out of the blue? Either way, cheers for sharing.

1 hour ago, fingers_mark said:

First UK date on sale Ally Pally - September 30 - https://london.wearephoenix.com

They play in Spain on June 29, so hoping they crop up this year - sunset slot on Other hopefully.

Thanks for this. Glad tickets are cheap as accommodation and travel won't be but been far too long and always good to have an excuse to go back to London.

8 minutes ago, compactdisc said:

Is there anything to suggest they'll be at Glastonbury this year (at the moment)? Will snap up some Ally Pally tickets if not.

Not that I've seen - all very quiet at the moment. Looks like they're winding up towards a new album announcement (unless this has already passed me by), and then I guess summer festivals.

5 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Not that I've seen - all very quiet at the moment. Looks like they're winding up towards a new album announcement (unless this has already passed me by), and then I guess summer festivals.

Thanks Phil. Their website seems to hint at something but not really any clues yet - maybe all Alexandra Palace ticket holders who live in the somerset area will receive a TV set in the post that will power up at a specified time and announce they're headlining the Pyramid Stage on the Sunday night?

Either way tickets bought!

• 2 months later...

Would have thought early evening on the Other. 

The last few times they have played have been even earlier on the other then JPT headline. They've not got much bigger since then to be honest. I think c 5pm on other would be ace. Late enough to be in the zone, early enough to avoid clashes. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

About third from top Other I'd say. Would definitely like to catch them if they're not in the middle of an awful clash (which they almost definitelt would be, so not getting my hopes up).

I'm assuming they'll be on Other on the Saturday evening, just to add to the clash woes. Saturday evening is the new Friday night, and Friday night is due to get even worse.