field day 2017

zahidf

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! Looking forward to this one, the lineup looks great!

Anyone know about good after parties since it finishes at 11?

Also I saw a facebook comment from Field Day the other day, revealing Aphex Twin and FlyLo are both headlining stages but won't clash. So that's cool- but RTJ though... :S

45 minutes ago, nofunciona said:

Also I saw a facebook comment from Field Day the other day, revealing Aphex Twin and FlyLo are both headlining stages but won't clash. So that's cool- but RTJ though... :S

Yeah it's going to be a good one alright. We're mainly going for Aphex so will try and catch RTJ at Glastonbury I reckon.

Dunno about after parties but no doubt there'll be some... I imagine I'll be done after a day drinking in the sun (fingers crossed... )

14 hours ago, nofunciona said:

Oval Space/Bugged Out! have thrown afterparties the last few years.

2014 was Jackmaster, Ame, Daniel Avery, Moxie and Gerd Janson. 

2015 had John Talabot, Daniel Avery b2b Volte-Face, Leon Vynehall and Shanti Celeste

2016 had DJ Koze, Roman Flugel, Gerd Janson, Avalon Emerson and Lemmy Ashton

Otherwise other promoters have held them, with Objekt, Four Tet, Pearson Sound, Benga, Erol Alkan, etc. all DJing. 
Long story short - there will be official afterparties, around the £20 mark, with some good quality names.

37 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

mainly want to go to this for Slowdive & Run The Jewels - any chance of these clashing?

Afraid so. They've both been announced as headliners of their stages and the last two years, the Crack Stage headliners look to have finished halfway thru the EYOE (main) stage headliners.

1 hour ago, suttttttt said:

Gizz into Thee Oh Sees is a match made in heaven. Does anyone know when/if this usually sells out?

hard to tell as it has reverted back to only being one day this year, the last two (or possibly three) were two days. The last few years it hasn't sold out before the end of the May, but there is probably more demand this year.

Because I can't be arsed to check, who does that leave for the EYOE stage? Anyone putting a rough clashfinder together based on previous years timings?

Really looking forward to this, got to try and use it as an opportunity to see artists I haven't seen before or won't see at other events later in the year, but the lure of RTJ and Thee Oh Sees will be hard to resist.

Just now, shoebox said:

Because I can't be arsed to check, who does that leave for the EYOE stage? Anyone putting a rough clashfinder together based on previous years timings?

Really looking forward to this, got to try and use it as an opportunity to see artists I haven't seen before or won't see at other events later in the year, but the lure of RTJ and Thee Oh Sees will be hard to resist.

I was just seeing who was left stage-less now:

• Forth Wanderers
  • Haelos
  • Imarhan
  • King Sunny Ade
  • Lady Leshurr
  • Loyle Carner
  • Manuela
  • Phil Taggart (between sets DJ, I imagine)
  • Rae Morris
  • Run the Jewels
  • Whitney

Still seems a couple of acts too many for one stage but you can tell who'll be on the main stage for definite, I think.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was just seeing who was left stage-less now:

• Forth Wanderers
  • Haelos
  • Imarhan
  • King Sunny Ade
  • Lady Leshurr
  • Loyle Carner
  • Manuela
  • Phil Taggart (between sets DJ, I imagine)
  • Rae Morris
  • Run the Jewels
  • Whitney

Still seems a couple of acts too many for one stage but you can tell who'll be on the main stage for definite, I think.

Yep, they mentioned that they're announcing the Bandstand Stage tomorrow, I think. I guess the overflow from what's left will be on there, along with some new additions (??).

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Aphex isn't going to be there is he? Also I don't get how they clash, aren't Gizzard second from top?

I meant I hope the Gizzies get good slots, sorry. Aphex is playing for 2 hours and is allegedly not clashing with Flying Lotus, who's headlining some other place. So if Gizz are 2 from the top, regardless of the FlyLo/Aphex ordering, they'll be clashing, I think? 

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I meant I hope the Gizzies get good slots, sorry. Aphex is playing for 2 hours and is allegedly not clashing with Flying Lotus, who's headlining some other place. So if Gizz are 2 from the top, regardless of the FlyLo/Aphex ordering, they'll be clashing, I think? 

Ah okay. But Aphex is definitely headlining, right? We're only going for him really, the rest is a bonus, so that's my main concern! I'm a bit worried about whether we'll get into the venue in time. Presumably if it's that big it'll have toilets and a bar, otherwise I'm screwed!

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah okay. But Aphex is definitely headlining, right? We're only going for him really, the rest is a bonus, so that's my main concern! I'm a bit worried about whether we'll get into the venue in time. Presumably if it's that big it'll have toilets and a bar, otherwise I'm screwed!

Yeah I don't really know how they're planning on scheduling it. Stage times don't normally appear until the week before. The Barn is meant to be 10K capacity or something - I think - so imagine there'll be something to cater for that.

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah I don't really know how they're planning on scheduling it. Stage times don't normally appear until the week before. The Barn is meant to be 10K capacity or something - I think - so imagine there'll be something to cater for that.

Yeah I'd hope so. At my age I can't stay in the same place for three hours without a wee and I don't really want to go that long without a drink... just makes me nervous when venues say limited capacity. 10K is huge, though, and there are big draws elsewhere so hopefully should be okay.