field day 2017

zahidf

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

just asked Field Day on facebook about King Sunny Ade not being on any of the stage lists. They replied saying he has cancelled all of his 2017 dates, including Field Day.

Ah alright, fair enough. Bleep's bandstand lineup has been added to the Clashfinder. Times next week! Must be the earliest Field Day have released

So me and a bunch of mates are going to field day, bit disappointing realising a lot of the acts I'm looking forward to might end up clashing but it is what it is. Mostly looking forward to Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus,Death Grips, Run the Jewels, King Gizzard, The Oh Sees, Loyle Carner, Slowdive, Mura Masa, Nina Kravitz, Flamingods and Gaika. Can anyone point me in the direction of others on the line-up I might enjoy based on the artists listed above? 

19 minutes ago, benjamingepage said:

So me and a bunch of mates are going to field day, bit disappointing realising a lot of the acts I'm looking forward to might end up clashing but it is what it is. Mostly looking forward to Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus,Death Grips, Run the Jewels, King Gizzard, The Oh Sees, Loyle Carner, Slowdive, Mura Masa, Nina Kravitz, Flamingods and Gaika. Can anyone point me in the direction of others on the line-up I might enjoy based on the artists listed above? 

pretty much the exact list I have

others you might like, Whitney, Forest Swords, Haelos, Lena Willikens, Moderat, Survive

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks for this! So should be able to catch Hopkins, Goddard and Moderat, as well as Aphex.

no problem! looking pretty good for me too. Although will have to miss Andy Shauf as can't really see myself getting into London for midday, haven't managed it the last couple years. Decisions to be made around King Gizzard, RTJ and Aphex Twin too!

Good to see an offish clashfinder, I'm v lazy.

Some annoying/nonsensical clashes - BEAK> and Forest Swords is a bit silly. Moodymann/Nico Jaar is annoying too. EYOE stage is a blanket no from me. Also missing KGATLW, Slowdive, Thee Oh Sees... yeah gonna be basically electronic all day bar BEAK/FS for me.

guessing the distance between shackwell and the barn is too far to get from aphex to Thee oh sees

so might try and catch some Slowdive before Thee oh Sees

not as bad as I was expecting with clashes though which is good

feeling pretty lucky that the other festivals I'm attending this year and recent gigs are making the clashes a lot easier for me, otherwise Slowdive/Thee Oh Sees/Aphex Twin/RTJ would be a nightmare. Hopefully we know the full Glastonbury line up and times before Field Day so I can know for sure if I can see RTJ there, allowiing me to see Aphex Twin at Field Day.

Overall though Imarhan, HMLTD, Julia Jacklin, Death Grips/Moderat, Joe Goddard, King Gizzard and RTJ/Aphex Twin is one hell of a day :)

4 minutes ago, pryce said:

guessing the distance between shackwell and the barn is too far to get from aphex to Thee oh sees

It's a fairly small site, if you leg it you should be okay. Dont expect to be at the front though.

Edited by rhg_99

3 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Hopefully we know the full Glastonbury line up and times before Field Day so I can know for sure if I can see RTJ there, allowiing me to see Aphex Twin at Field Day.

Do you think we will, though? That seems optimistic to me as only next week...

My only concern now is how easy it will be to get in and out of The Barn. From the pics on Twitter, the structure looks immense but hoping it's not a queue -up-to-get-in situation for Aphex. I will try and get there nice and early, but will undoubtedly need a wee!

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My only concern now is how easy it will be to get in and out of The Barn. From the pics on Twitter, the structure looks immense but hoping it's not a queue -up-to-get-in situation for Aphex. I will try and get there nice and early, but will undoubtedly need a wee!

not sure really, I remember last year it came out as I was boarding my plane to Primavera so that must have been the first of June? So maybe if we are lucky they will release it next week.

Yeah the barn looks huge, bigger than I expected. Saw this pic on Drowned in Sound this morning

IMG_2348.JPG

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd stick a couple quid on us at least having stage splits, if not day splits. Potential clashes are fairly easily inferred from either.

I feel like we've had this conversation before! But I share your concerns. The barn is supposed to house 10K, so surely there's going to be exits for fresh air/bars/toilets. Interesting to see how the atmosphere is kept if there's a few of these openings. It's a shame there's so much I want to see earlier in the day, might be hard to strategise before it gets busy.

Cheers for posting that clashfinder... plenty of time to make my decisions now!

Leaning towards King Gizz > Aphex (possibly the 2nd half of Thee Oh Sees too). Fortunately seeing Slowdive the day before so that solves that issue :)

Love the look of the Barn - definitely bigger than I was expecting!

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'd stick a couple quid on us at least having stage splits, if not day splits. Potential clashes are fairly easily inferred from either.

I feel like we've had this conversation before! But I share your concerns. The barn is supposed to house 10K, so surely there's going to be exits for fresh air/bars/toilets. Interesting to see how the atmosphere is kept if there's a few of these openings. It's a shame there's so much I want to see earlier in the day, might be hard to strategise before it gets busy.

Haha yeah we have! I'm a bit of an old lady worrier about this kind of thing...

Stage splits for Glasto would be awesome, although I'm really just asking because I want them and not for Field Day specifically. Only Glasto bands I'd see on that list are Moderat and Goddard, who I should be able to see easily, and I already know I'm seeing Aphex over RTJ and King Gizz.

As an aside anyone got their tickets sent out yet? We haven't...