Eminem

eFestivals

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/11/2016 at 4:39 PM, thewayiam said:

It sold that we'll they continued just with a London venue and canned the Birmingham one.

Strange, didn't another festival get canned after he played it as well?

No Glastonbury 2016 sold out in record time IIRC

If there was a 'problematic day' that led to Wireless Bham being cancelled after one year it would've been Bruno Mars day. Kanye's day was like double as busy. Let it go.

Edited by Zac Quinn

On 22/11/2016 at 4:39 PM, thewayiam said:

It sold that we'll they continued just with a London venue and canned the Birmingham one.

Strange, didn't another festival get canned after he played it as well?

Ah the Big Chill, My God he was was awful! I've never seen so many people (granted, from a small crowd to begin with) leaving.  Unfortunately there was nowhere else to go.  I hung around for 2manydjs afterwards - that was fun!

On 22/11/2016 at 3:59 PM, JSmurphy said:

Eminem's crowd at Reading was a horrible experience, but granted there were a load of people packed into the field. If Reading 2013 wasn't my first festival and I hadn't been such a festival n00b I would have fought my way out to Lockup to see the end of Tomahawk. I can't see why Eminem would draw a noticeably smaller crowd next year, if he plays. 

I wasn't at Foos in 2012, so out of the headliners I've seen the only real competition in terms of crowd size were Metallica and RHCP. I left Green Day after an hour to see Skrillex, but I remember their crowd being pretty large. I walked straight to the front for Nero and stayed there for their full set, so I can only imagine how packed the field must have been for Arctic Monkeys. 

Tomahawk had finished before Eminem started.

I watched all of Tomahawk and came out thinking it was the end of the night, only to find that Eminem hadn't even started.

By the way,I don't think Mike Patton is an Eminem fan.At the end of his set he said something like 'Thank you and goodnight, go and watch the Eminem greatest hits show' and pretended to shoot himself.

Personally, I enjoyed the Eminem set.As I said,it was a bit of a bonus for me as I had no intention of watching him as thought that Tomahawk was clashing.

9 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Ah the Big Chill, My God he was was awful! I've never seen so many people (granted, from a small crowd to begin with) leaving.  Unfortunately there was nowhere else to go.  I hung around for 2manydjs afterwards - that was fun!

i was there too ... I left about 10 minutes into his rant, after he'd just said he was demonised the same way as Hitler is, and he was still ranting when I reached the top of the hill of death behind the stage (at least 5 minutes after I'd left the stage area).

I guess someone might get away with that sort of stuff without being considered a moron - tho they'd have to put in a worthwhile shift with the music, which Kanye didn't.

On 11/24/2016 at 0:46 AM, rivalschools.price said:

Tomahawk had finished before Eminem started.

I caught the last song or 2 at Leeds avoiding Eminem. Went across straight after to watch Savages and British Sea Power. One of the best festival decisions I ever made judging by the reaction of those who did go to see Eminem pretend to perform.

On 24/11/2016 at 8:18 AM, eFestivals said:

i was there too ... I left about 10 minutes into his rant, after he'd just said he was demonised the same way as Hitler is, and he was still ranting when I reached the top of the hill of death behind the stage (at least 5 minutes after I'd left the stage area).

I guess someone might get away with that sort of stuff without being considered a moron - tho they'd have to put in a worthwhile shift with the music, which Kanye didn't.

Saw him at Wireless, blind drunk, and the rant during Runaway went on for so long, I made out with the woman next to me for something to do. 

On 24/11/2016 at 8:18 AM, eFestivals said:

I was there too, granted I really enjoyed that festival and he was good that night, the rant was pretty awful but amusing to witness, I think that it was good seeing him perform his Coachella headline set essentially that night, was far better then that at Glastonbury in 2015.

I'd say The Big Chill was one of my fave festivals, the lineup that year was just so varied but brilliant fresh off what was a disapointing Glastonbury, due to poor weather, U2/Morrissey and my friends being on poor form during most of the big music dates.

Also if it turns out to be Eminem, sounds cool as I've not seen him before, so one off the list.

Edited by siweltrebor

Foo Fighters in 2012 from memory was a huge crowd, last band of the weekend, generally well liked, not played since 2005, easy win and the Black Keys before had a big crowd too, they complimented each other well.

RHCP surprised me by how big their crowd was this year.

From memory the crowd for Prodigy in 09 was massive, (if it was 09)

The likes of Rage etc I really can't tell because I was right up the front the entire time.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, MrMelde said:

how sure it is that the artist Eminem comes to the Reading and Leeds Festival ?

Greets

I can't guarantee what i've been told by a regular source is accurate, but I believe it is. I only get to find out for sure if/when it's announced.

A headliner (and more) will be announced next week, which I expect to be either Kasabian or Eminem. If it's Kasabian they announce then that will suggest Eminem is very likely to be correct (cos the info I had for all headliners was Muse, Kasabian, & Eminem).

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I can't guarantee what i've been told by a regular source is accurate, but I believe it is. I only get to find out for sure if/when it's announced.

A headliner (and more) will be announced next week, which I expect to be either Kasabian or Eminem. If it's Kasabian they announce then that will suggest Eminem is very likely to be correct (cos the info I had for all headliners was Muse, Kasabian, & Eminem).

thank you for your answer :) 

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Was it specifically Eminem on his own that was mentioned? I remember this being bandied about last year http://www.musictimes.com/articles/65817/20160222/snoop-dogg-teases-kendrick-lamar-eminem-dr-dre-2016-tour-dates.htm

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Was it specifically Eminem on his own that was mentioned? I remember this being bandied about last year http://www.musictimes.com/articles/65817/20160222/snoop-dogg-teases-kendrick-lamar-eminem-dr-dre-2016-tour-dates.htm

There isn't a chance Reading would get that, promoters would be all over them chucking cash at Eminem and Dre to perform over her that  ££ signs would smash FR's offer.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Given that I had info of Muse and Kasabian as headliners before they were announced and both have been proven right, it's looking good that Eminem is also correct. :)

he publishes this year also his new album, therefore I also believe he comes.

maybe even "European Exclusive" like Muse