Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Peej and Sleaford Mods avoiding clashing is cool. At a guess, would it be more likely that Sleaford Mods finish before or start after?

Start afterwards I would imagine. I certainly remember seeing headliners in the Far Out tent and people joining me for a few songs at the end after seeing the main stage headliners.

3 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Start afterwards I would imagine. I certainly remember seeing headliners in the Far Out tent and people joining me for a few songs at the end after seeing the main stage headliners.

Yeah that does make the most sense. I've adjusted the clashfinder accordingly, and it helps Sleaford Mods as a lot of people looked to be choosing Polly in their highlights.

1 hour ago, artbrut_architecture said:

@presently tense - Yeah I've seen her too and she's great, I'm still tempted to go to the Roundhouse to see her. I saw LTE at South Bank last year so might leave it at that.

There were a couple of messages saying the clash might not be too bad so fingers crossed.

Probably gonna get shot down for this, but I've been listening to LTE and I'm not blown away at all. 

Green Man have said there's no clash, maybe PJ has gone all Joanna Newsom at EOTR?! I doubt it...

LTE is an acquired taste, I can't imagine my wife enjoying it all that much hence another reason that I'll probably see Angel Olsen.

I agree with @presentlytense for Fionn Regan, Julia Jacklin and HFTRR (my album of the year so far). I like DD Dumbo, Adam Torres and Grumbling Fur as well.

1 minute ago, electronicfreq said:

Does anyone know when the set times are known?  My first Green Man so I'm not sure on the order of things, is this a case of getting an idea of timing when we are onsite?

The last couple of years, we only gotten the set times in the week of the festival from one of the settlers (people who pay to go from Monday onwards), so maybe not until the Tuesday or Wednesday of the festival week.

8 hours ago, radioahed said:

Has anyone got recommendations for bands I should be checking out early on in the day on any of the stages? 

Definitely another vote for HFTRR and I would add Warhaus (have a listen to Machinery) and Nadia Read. There is so much good stuff though and it's worth following their playlist if you use Spotify. 

13 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Checked out HFTRR's latest album. Not heard of them before and really loved it. Just what I needed after a long week back at work.

I've kept missing The Big Moon though for various reasons so hopefully those two won't clash.

I saw HFTRR a few weeks ago in Manchester and the album is even better live. 

22 hours ago, radioahed said:

Has anyone got recommendations for bands I should be checking out early on in the day on any of the stages? 

if you're into sleaford/the fall, check out SHAME. I love them. 

just youtube: shame - gold hole or the lick

and yeah, fionn regan is brilliant. the song "be good or be gone" is well-known, but the new album is wonderful as well.