Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't do it for me really. Some really top acts - big clumps of which I'd wanna see but are all in the ballpark to clash with one another and then vast spaces of nothing. Not to say I wouldn't like the acts in those gaps if I was already going and spent some time listening around the bill but with a threefold headliner clash Sunday and then not a lot the other nights (would probably check out Walled Garden headliners) it doesn't seem like happening.

It's great BSP are there, but wish they were headlining the tent. Anyway, looking great.

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It doesn't do it for me really. Some really top acts - big clumps of which I'd wanna see but are all in the ballpark to clash with one another and then vast spaces of nothing. Not to say I wouldn't like the acts in those gaps if I was already going and spent some time listening around the bill but with a threefold headliner clash Sunday and then not a lot the other nights (would probably check out Walled Garden headliners) it doesn't seem like happening.

Bear in mind the guy in Future Islands does a funny dance

3 minutes ago, Chawk said:

Bear in mind the guy in Future Islands does a funny dance

Big fan of the dancing, don't get me wrong, but I can't be doing with the music. Went to see them before and he didn't do as much dancing as you'd think, but loads of music for whatever reason - a solid hour maybe? Felt really quite ripped off.

Listened to the new album and it was pretty good with the sound down.

Having not been to Green Man before I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be very much a relaxing festival for me and to enjoy see some new acts I wouldn't normally see. Also well keen to see more After Dark acts get announced. 

I'm relatively happy Ryan Adams is on the Saturday as I might have to leave early on the Sunday evening. Trying to squeeze in Michael Kiwanuka > Thee Oh Sees > Ryan Adams will be a bit of a cluster fuck for me though.

32 minutes ago, artbrut_architecture said:

Comes down to two clashes for me; Angel Olsen vs LTE and PJ vs Sleaford Mods. The rest seems to works out okay for me.

That Saturday run of Michael Kiwanuka, Thee Oh Sees and Ryan Adams is great.

I work as a gig reviewer and Angel Olsen was one of the best gigs I saw last year. Just saying. 

Edited by PresentlyTense

fine for me. fionn regan and angel olsen on friday, fill the rest with surprises and beer. kiwi and ryan adams on saturday. sunday; shame in the afternoon and a tough decision in the evening (conor oberst/PJ vs. saint etienne/sleaford). saw pj two times the last few months, seeing sleaford next week in zurich, sooooo might go for the welsh beer and see which way to choose :-)

6 minutes ago, beatlemania said:

about the clash s.mods/PJ. on facebook and twitter, green man reacted with a "y'all be fine". sounds like they might not clash directly. how long does it take to walk from the mountain stage to the far out? 

probably about 3-6 minutes depending on where your standing and how fast you go