Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

Listened to Timber Timbre and D.D Dumbo and was suitably impressed with both. They seem to be playing Sunday and Friday respectively according to their websites.

After some digging it seems Michael Kiwanuka is playing the Saturday, Kate Tempest the Friday, Hinds the Thursday, Julia Jacklin the Friday, Hurray for the Riff Raff the Friday, Lambchop the Saturday.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, electronicfreq said:

Does anyone know what sort of time a clashfinder gets put together?

I did the one on Clashfinder General last year.  The first version was on 9th June, which I guess must have meant that GM had just released some days splits, stages and presumed running order, with my timings being based on previous years.  I do remember that one of the settlers (i.e. who are on site on the Monday) then sent me a photocopy of the schedule, which was the first sight of the real sequence/timings. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket bought! (I think I'm just going to start getting early birds next year)

Listening to Jessica Pratt's debut on repeat again. It's a great album and another case of someone I'd not heard before appearing on the GM lineup and becoming one of my favourites (albeit 5 years after it was released). I will buy her 2nd soon.

I'm wondering if and hoping there's any chance of Mount Eerie touring the UK and playing. 

I'm sad but I counted up last years bands from the Mountain Stage, Far Out and Walled Garden and got 93. There's not that many announced this year and that's not accounting for some of those going to Chai Wallahs and GM Rising Stage.

Hopefully that means there's a few more surprises although the line-up is brilliant so far.

Not sure, mate. Will be happy if she's clashing with future islands rather than PJ. Just done a bit of digging on people I want to set and it appears Johnny Flying is  on Thursday,  Hurray for the Riff Raff Friday, and Timber Timbre on Sunday. 

Edited by PresentlyTense

It would certainly surprise me if Kiwanuka was a Far Out headliner and Thee Oh Sees played the Mountain Stage. Seems like a complete Trading Places jobby.

The poster comes down pretty much how I'd have expected the stages to. Removing Ride it goes Shins - Kiwanuka - Tempest; who I'd anticipate subbing (reverse order of days) and then Thee Oh Sees and Sleaford Mods who I woulda expected headlining Far Out. Angel Olsen follows that but that doesn't seem right for the final one, so maybe Lambchop or just someone else not announced? Just a prediction anyway.

Can say that despite it being a pretty dense lineup during the day, it doesn't whet my appetite that much at the moment across the upper reaches and I'll probably look at other fests and pencil this in for next year instead.