Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great news, I wasn't expecting anything until May/June. Hopefully the Thursday night headliner will be announced. TMOE has no dates scheduled so would be surprised if he was announced.

GM has exceeded expectations already with the line-up but would be happy for the following - Cabbage, Julien Baker, Alexandra Savior, The Magnetic Fields, Tim Darcy, Hamilton Leithauser and for the Thursday night one of Ride, Lift to Experience or Feist but think those are unrealistic.

13 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Do we know how long until we move to the next tier? I want to buy before they go more expensive, but got Glastonbury payment next week and then going on my holidays in April, so funds are tied up for a while.

This is the last week you can get the payment plan, I think. I'd guess the two things will coincide. 

7 hours ago, artbrut_architecture said:

That's great news, I wasn't expecting anything until May/June. Hopefully the Thursday night headliner will be announced. TMOE has no dates scheduled so would be surprised if he was announced.

GM has exceeded expectations already with the line-up but would be happy for the following - Cabbage, Julien Baker, Alexandra Savior, The Magnetic Fields, Tim Darcy, Hamilton Leithauser and for the Thursday night one of Ride, Lift to Experience or Feist but think those are unrealistic.

Yeah, you're probably right about Tallest Man. A bit of wishful thinking on my part. Sneaking suspicion that Bear's Den might play the Thursday. The have a bit of a gap in the schedule and I think they've played there before. 

28 minutes ago, Chawk said:

Yo,There are no tiers, it's just early bird prices last year, and now we are at the normal price which stays the same.

Really? Is this new? I swear there were tiers for the past two years. I like the sound of this payment plan though, I reckon that's for me.

5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Really? Is this new? I swear there were tiers for the past two years. I like the sound of this payment plan though, I reckon that's for me.

Nah there's never been tiers. EOTR has them though.

6 hours ago, PresentlyTense said:

Yeah, you're probably right about Tallest Man. A bit of wishful thinking on my part. Sneaking suspicion that Bear's Den might play the Thursday. The have a bit of a gap in the schedule and I think they've played there before. 

I would also expect that the next time he plays TTMOE will headline outright.

I'd just like another good Thursday headliner. It's a bit of a wildcard slot but is always good. I'd done very little research of the line up when Patti Smith did it and didn't know who she was. Money finished their set, and I asked someone if they knew who was next, when he told me and I said I didn't know who Patti Smith was, he goes 'She's a legend' so I decided to stick around. So I saw Patti Smith about 3 rows back without knowing who she was, which I've since realised might not have happened for about 30 years ha. 

Edited by Chawk

6 hours ago, Chawk said:

I'd just like another good Thursday headliner. It's a bit of a wildcard slot but is always good. 

By the way by wildcard I meant that it's always a different kind of act, not that Patti was an risky choice. Like having Leftfield headlining is very different to Waterboys the year before.

Wonder if Mount Eerie is a possibility. His new album is so sad.

Edited by Chawk

6 hours ago, Chawk said:

Nah there's never been tiers. EOTR has them though.

I would also expect that the next time he plays TTMOE will headline outright.

I'd just like another good Thursday headliner. It's a bit of a wildcard slot but is always good. I'd done very little research of the line up when Patti Smith did it and didn't know who she was. Money finished their set, and I asked someone if they knew who was next, when he told me and I said I didn't know who Patti Smith was, he goes 'She's a legend' so I decided to stick around. So I saw Patti Smith about 3 rows back without knowing who she was, which I've since realised might not have happened for about 30 years ha. 

Yeah, I'm always unsure how big Tallest Man is. One of my faves, but lots of people haven't even heard from him. Oh well, we can probably give up guessing. Looks life we'll know this morning. 

Im happy about Ride. Need to check out most of the other music added. Some of the non music related stuff sounds interesting as well although considering how strong the music is I'm not sure how much of that I'll get to see.

3 hours ago, PresentlyTense said:

Nothing to excite me on this announcement, but I suppose that just means I've got more to discover.

You have Lift To Experience.

You should be overjoyed.

Have you seen the Latitude announcement(s)?!

Thanks the gods I'm going to Glastonbury as well.

Compared to Latitude, GM2017 is looking stellar...

:)

Ben

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

You have Lift To Experience.

You should be overjoyed.

Have you seen the Latitude announcement(s)?!

Thanks the gods I'm going to Glastonbury as well.

Compared to Latitude, GM2017 is looking stellar...

:)

Ben

I have chosen Green Man over Latitude this year,  for the first time. The line up was already stellar for me so I don't mind that I don't know much of the latest announcement. Sure I'll be excited to see some of today's announcement by the time the festival comes around.