Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

**Dunno if BBNG or DJ Shadow would do the festival but Jamie xx did one time I suppose.

DJ Shadow would be a good fit, I think Badbadnotgood have done it before, the GM Facebook page was posting about them in the past couple of weeks, pretty likely they'd be back/

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/10/2017 at 11:43 PM, dentalplan said:

Gonna scan down the list of August fests on Ringrocker and do a little round-up of touring acts that would be suitable for Green actual Man or EOTR (some are definitely more EOTR but I wanted to cover both) - here goes:

Obviously there'll be a lot of British acts there who don't need to be playing Portugal or Hungary to show up. As you can see, there are some like Angel Olsen, Car Seat Headrest, Jenny Hval, Julia Jacklin and Mac Demarco that are certs to be at one of the two - which is great because they're all good to fantastic. Daniel Johnston would be an interesting get - I know he's got a cult following and he's obviously been a great songwriter but I dunno what the experience would be like. Swans would be good closing out the second stage at one of the fests.

In case you missed it, I posted this on one of the international forums. Leaked by a Spanish radio station, has since been deleted.

IMG_20170113_223103.jpg

I feel like I should have a wishlist a bit more out there, because I'm just picking the two best festival headliners I saw in 2016 here, but if LCD Soundsystem and The National were headlining, I'd be over the fucking moon. I think The National on their own a bit too big of an ask for GM though, and LCD Soundsystem's reuinion sheen is still sort of fresh so they could be out of reach also. I suppose we'll know at least one by the end of the month though!

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I feel like I should have a wishlist a bit more out there, because I'm just picking the two best festival headliners I saw in 2016 here, but if LCD Soundsystem and The National were headlining, I'd be over the fucking moon. I think The National on their own a bit too big of an ask for GM though, and LCD Soundsystem's reuinion sheen is still sort of fresh so they could be out of reach also. I suppose we'll know at least one by the end of the month though!

I think both would be a massive stretch, they would probably have make budget cuts to the kids area

One sandpit = Matt Berninger's rider

I am prepared to be disappointed but will go anyway ofc

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Tickets onsale 26th Jan, so line up announcement then i hope!

Oooooooh I feel all tingly!

"

It's a big, bad birthday for us this year you lot.. Where's the birthday cake?

We need your help remembering what happened... Send us your favourite GM performances from over the years... Beguile us with your favourite show-stoppers from the past fifteen years?

Patti being Patti forever and always? War On Drugs in Folkey Dokey '08? Mac plunging from Far Out in 14? That B&S Stage Invasion last year? Justin Vernon in 09? Fleet Foxes bowing out in 2011? PSB shaking the Walled Garden '13? Some unknowns (Whatever happened to Alt-J??) cutting their teeth along the way?

It's been one happy, happy blur so far..

GM x"

- from FB

I'm taking mention of Patti and Bon Iver as a sign!

Would certainly be on the weak side but also somewhat appreciated, I think. Last fest over here was Field Day where they headlined the second stage. And to put that in perspective, the previous occupants of the same slot were Savages on one album and Future Islands three months A.D. (after dance). So they could be like a Thursday one or just a very weak one to balance out an otherwise strong headline set.

Afternoon all. Thinking of giving Green Man a go this year and see that tickets are out next week. 

Is it a bun fight or is there a bit of time to think about it? Do you know rough prices of the festival, I can't find out the information anywhere at the moment. 

Any hints, tips or recommendations gratefully received! 

6 hours ago, mr_smiss said:

Afternoon all. Thinking of giving Green Man a go this year and see that tickets are out next week. 

Is it a bun fight or is there a bit of time to think about it? Do you know rough prices of the festival, I can't find out the information anywhere at the moment. 

Any hints, tips or recommendations gratefully received! 

Tickets only sold out a few weeks before last year. But bear in mind it's tier system, the earlier you buy the cheaper it is. It pays to make your mind up early on. Concessionary tickets like student ones tend to sell out a bit earlier than the rest as well. I paid £165 for an adult ticket on like the second wave of tickets in 2015 and £175 on the last wave in 2016. Prices aren't massively different unless you buy a year in advance, but if you're buy for say a family group it all adds up.

Not too much for me here yet. Managed to see PJ Harvey three times last year aswell as Angel Olsen and have got myself tickets for Future Islands and Julia Jacklin in Brighton so I'm gonna hang on and see what the future announcements bring.

As Dental said, last year's line up became really strong for me after a couple of announcements so I'm eager to see who else they've got left to announce.