Green Man Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Same re: headiners but that wasn't gonna change. Dunno how it's all gonna fall on the stage splits but Thee Oh Sees against Adams or Islands and that more than makes up for it.

Probably a few more higher-ups still to land. Thursday headliner still to come apparently.

exactly what I would hope for, will end up clashing with PJH and will be a disaster!

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Thee Oh Sees against Adams or Islands and that more than makes up for it.

I personally hope not! Strong announcement though, reckon I will get a ticket.

Also Feist just announced a european festival for August. Wouldn't be surprised if she pops up as the Thursday headliner. 

4 hours ago, pryce said:

exactly what I would hope for, will end up clashing with PJH and will be a disaster!

Yeah that'll probably happen if I pony up now so I'll have to wait and see first. I think the splits come May/June.

16 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I personally hope not! Strong announcement though, reckon I will get a ticket.

Also Feist just announced a european festival for August. Wouldn't be surprised if she pops up as the Thursday headliner. 

Yeah that's a good shout. Not a fan personally, would prefer her old band.

Spiritualized is popping up around mid-August so I was hoping for them but Feist fits a bit better.

On 1/27/2017 at 6:28 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Uhhhh terrible news. Firstly the headliners do absolutely nothing for me; Peej and Ryan Adams are my idea of hell and I want to run away from them as fast as I can, and Future Islands... really? But all this together doesn't put me off, there's not a lot on the line-up that I'm into, but really I reckon just a few agreeable bands will see me through Green Man and I'd be happy to be there. I love a good Far Out or The Walled Garden headliner, and Chai Wallas is rarely not brilliant, I also want to watch something in the new sw*nky film tent. Green Man's amazing, a slightly pants line-up doesn't put me off (even if the headliners are fucking PJ Harvey, Ryan Adams and Future Islands). Enter my mate who is getting married this summer; he's trying to set the date for that weekend (not set in stone yet) and I'm the best fucking man.

September wedding. Lawn's going to Green Man!

8 hours ago, artbrut_architecture said:

Really like Jessica Pratt too. Discoveries for me have been Andy Shauf, Holly Macve, Nadia Reid and Benedict Benjamin. If This Is The Kit is on the Sunday I think that clashes with Ryan Adams so I'll be watching him. Saw her at Union Chapel last year and she was really good.

I'll check those guys out too. Yes sorry, I meant Friday- I got mixed up who was headlining which day. Hoping Rozi Plain comes along again, she was my favourite set of GM 2015.

On 14/03/2017 at 6:32 PM, Chawk said:

Hoping Rozi Plain comes along again, she was my favourite set of GM 2015.

Seen This Is The Kit a few times, most recently at Glasto last year.  Rozi's been in the band on each occasion.  Assuming she'll be along for the ride this year.  Maybe she'll fit in a solo gig too?

On 14/03/2017 at 0:43 PM, artbrut_architecture said:

Think we're all secretly hoping for another option other than Future Islands for the Friday... Don't know much about Rozi Plain so will check her out.

Yeah, as @warriormonk has said her and This Is The Kit are friends and play in each other's bands all the time. I was stewarding behind the stage while all this was going on, although I didn't know who they were at the time.

On 20/03/2017 at 6:18 AM, warriormonk said:

Seen This Is The Kit a few times, most recently at Glasto last year.  Rozi's been in the band on each occasion.  Assuming she'll be along for the ride this year.  Maybe she'll fit in a solo gig too?

Hope so