The XX

gmb1992

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, cammie81 said:

I was at the Let's Eat Glasgow there last year (if it's where I think it is) and didn't seem that big for a band as popular as the xx but maybe it's hard to judge with all the food vans, etc.

No they've bought the big warehouse between the Let's Eat area and SWG3 itself and are turning it into a venue I believe. When I was at Let's Eat my friend and I were discussing how it would make a good venue, and lo and behold...

17 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

No they've bought the big warehouse between the Let's Eat area and SWG3 itself and are turning it into a venue I believe. When I was at Let's Eat my friend and I were discussing how it would make a good venue, and lo and behold...

Fantastic news, more hopeful for a ticket now. Thanks.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:53 AM, DL50 said:

Saw the XX in Cardiff last night. Absolutely incredible. Don't see how it can be anything other than Other Stage headliners for them. Their light show adds so much to the atmosphere

Was there also, fantastic gig. Brilliant setlist, sound and light show. Really enjoyed it. Reckon a sub slot on Pyramid would work but other than that it must be other headline.

Yeah, I've put my finger on it. Tis the middle of the record when there's a few Romy-lead songs that makes it dip for me. The start and end of the record are great tho. These live reviews are getting me nice and excited too. Selfishly hope they're subbing Pyramid though because I foresee some hefty clashes.

Went to their Cardiff gig on Friday, I wasn't expecting too much despite all the positive reviews on their other gigs on here as i wasn't sure how they would work live. I was blown over, it was awesome, loved every minute of it, it built from the first song to an incredible finish, when they play the farm, I'll be there regardless of positioning or stage!

8 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Went to their Cardiff gig on Friday, I wasn't expecting too much despite all the positive reviews on their other gigs on here as i wasn't sure how they would work live. I was blown over, it was awesome, loved every minute of it, it built from the first song to an incredible finish, when they play the farm, I'll be there regardless of positioning or stage!

Couldnt agree more with this, what a brilliant night.

13 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Couldnt agree more with this, what a brilliant night.

It was just awesome, those mirrors were brilliant, and I was dead centre in the crowd, when they lowered the 'mirror ceiling thing' it was cool that oyu could see what Jamie was up to haha, perfect start to a weekend.

2 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

It's the night before the original date. Think I'm happy with the Wednesday over the Tuesday.

It was the week before this year, but there's a possibility of a round of champions league qualifying being played one of they nights, so I'd be happy to could give me the option of a swap :)

9 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It was the week before this year, but there's a possibility of a round of champions league qualifying being played one of they nights, so I'd be happy to could give me the option of a swap :)

I take it with this being on outdoor gig it's likely to start at the normal time of 9-ish. Some events at SWG3 happen a bit later but probably because they are indoor.

Ignore me, just checked doors at 4pm.

Edited by cammie81

49 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

They're profile seems to be really shooting up off the back of the new album. This is a big performance for them this year, if they nail whatever slot they end up doing they'd look nailed on to headline on the next album. 

Is it? Are they? I just thought this was pretty much their level and they'd plateaued already. And except some (deserved) drooling over their guests at Brixton I had thought the latest wave of hype died down shortly after the album was let loose.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is it? Are they? I just thought this was pretty much their level and they'd plateaued already. And except some (deserved) drooling over their guests at Brixton I had thought the latest wave of hype died down shortly after the album was let loose.

Obviously it's all anecdotal but it certainly feels like they're ubiquitous at the moment. More so than they were when the second album dropped. Undoubtedly the Brixton shows + guests is a big part of that, but just by organising that type of thing it suggests to me that they're at their most popular. 

I suppose we'll have a better idea after festival season. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles