The XX

gmb1992

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them last night as a bit of a casual fan and I'm really not sure that whole set would go down quite as well as people are saying. I got pretty bored in the middle and for all the talk of how upbeat they are now, much of it wasn't. Was still decent but I was expecting a bit more.

1 hour ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Nah I want The XX to sub Radiohead. I'd rather have them then Elbow any day of the week. 

Same here. As well as having an awesome night on The Pyramid, it frees up another headliner slot and keeps me away from The Other. 

2 hours ago, Bradders said:

I saw them last night as a bit of a casual fan and I'm really not sure that whole set would go down quite as well as people are saying. I got pretty bored in the middle and for all the talk of how upbeat they are now, much of it wasn't. Was still decent but I was expecting a bit more.

Was there last night too. I'm a fan but have to agree I think on the Pyramid I fear they'd get lost a bit, especially with that set. The upbeat songs would go down well but there are too many slow/intimate numbers for a sub slot on that stage. Pyramid crowds are too uninterested. Much better off headlining a stage with their light show etc.

They would be fine before Radiohead, since a lot of the crowd will be there waiting for downbeat music anyway. They might struggle before Ed or Dave but I still think they're enough of a name with enough big tunes that they could pull it off.

26 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

To be fair I've had some great nights watching headliners at the Other but wouldn't want to watch The XX on there. 

Oh me too, Chemical Brothers 3 times for a start (I love The Other stage)! But that's the reason I don't want to be there, really hoping for a WH and JP couple of nights. Wouldn't be able to stay away if it were The XX though. 

Saw them in Nottingham last Saturday and Manchester on the Sunday really good, love how the set just turns into a full on rave towards the end.

Romy messed one of the songs up in Nottingham think it was Fiction, they had to restart twice, really looking forwad to them in Glasto hope there headlining the other again.

Edited by lukemack

On 11/03/2017 at 5:03 PM, DL50 said:

For anyone that's seen them on this tour - what time did they come on stage and what time did they finish?

Seeing them in Cardiff next week and need to book trains!

Went to first Brixton night and they were on at 9.30pm and off after 11pm.

I absolutely loved the set from start to finish. I think sunset slot could work but they are worthy of a headline slot (I'd even objectively say they could headline the Pyramid if the Eavii ever took any real risks these days at the other end of the scale from Metallica / Kanye etc).

As for those questioning the set suitability, they know what they are doing and if any concerns of holding the crowd can be easily dealt with when you consider the ammunition at Jamie's fingers.

Had several friends give glowing reports of Brixton sets, in addition to what I've just read on here. So so excited to see them on the farm, I reckon they will smash a sunset slot. 

Jamie's set was my highlight of 2015 for me so I can't wait to see what the full band can do this time round!

Just now, mufcok said:

What's the deal with them potentially doing 2 slots.. is there not a chance the Park one could be a Jamie XX slot given that he's still playing odd dates at the same time?

so someone told me - I've no idea if it's true - they want to headline the Park.

Whether they get that slot &/or it's their only slot I don't know - but it's why they're listed the way that they are.