Open'er festival 2017

pete76

54 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Did they announce Justice today, or just share their video? 

That's only their video, but it's like 3rd or 4th post about Justice so I guess there are going to be announced sooner or later. 

After RW's announcement, the chances for Arcade Fire are now even higher.

Hi,

we just bought ltickets to Open'er and now we are dealing with finding the place to stay for festival.

Maybe someone can comment based on their experience if Sopot is ok for place to stay during the fest - isn't it too far  and will there be some kind of transport during the night to get back after the live acts?

We didn't opt to stay in camping due to the fact that alcohol is not so allowed there and in this case the camping looses its appeal :)

4 hours ago, Dakters said:

Hi,

we just bought ltickets to Open'er and now we are dealing with finding the place to stay for festival.

Maybe someone can comment based on their experience if Sopot is ok for place to stay during the fest - isn't it too far  and will there be some kind of transport during the night to get back after the live acts?

We didn't opt to stay in camping due to the fact that alcohol is not so allowed there and in this case the camping looses its appeal :)

I think it would be pain in the ass to travel back and forth to Sopot, it will definitely take you more than hour of travel one way. You have to walk a lot because the festival area is huge, wait for the bus and then take the train to Sopot from Gdynia. It doesn't seem long but there are big crowds, even thoug the organization of buses is great it has limitations. I would recomend to find a place in Gdynia. 

I always had my tent in the camping  and we were partying just outside in parking lot until early in the mornig and there was plenty of alcohol :)

You need to take a SKM train (Fast Urban Train) from Sopot to Gdynia Railway Station (around 15-20 minutes) and then take a special Open'er bus from the railway station to the festival area (depending on how many people are waiting - it takes 30-40 minutes, in extreme cases even longer) - so it's quite inconvenient, but there are a lot of people who do that. As muflon said you can drink alcohol in the parking area and in the campsite (though not in glass bottles)

21 hours ago, gregory said:

I would love AF, so hopefully, I'd say it's pretty likely too.

No idea about the 4th night. Strokes/Killers would be fine by me! Could be The Weeknd/Bruno Mars, someone like that?

Fortunately, Bruno Mars is playing in Poland in May, so we are not endangered by his presence at Open'er.